Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NorthWest Bradley Operations

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2007, 2:02 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I'm not seeing any questions (marks) in your post.

-RM
I'm not sure questions or question marks are required in a post. (Yours doesn't have any ) A discussion doesn't imply only questions and answers and it doesn't have to start with a question either. The OP was expressing concern, not asking questions.

Old Mar 9, 2007, 2:36 am

Programs: DL Diamond Charter Member, 3 Million Miler, Hertz Pres Club, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mrcimino1
Low-paid, yes.
Incompetent, not really!

They are quite competent to do the job that NW has hired them to do....
1. smile at customers
2. put bag tags on their checked luggage
3. scan boarding passes at the gate
4. open and close the door of the airplane
5. tell people that have any problems like missed connections or cancelled flights to call the 800 number for assistance

None of these people were hired with any intention of providing "service" at the airport. NW no longer provides this, and has no intention of providing it in the future. If your flight is cancelled, don't waste your time standing in line, because you will only be told "I can't help you, but here is the number to call...."

I am not saying that I agree with this approach, but that's the way it is. And who says you have to have a Lounge at BDL just because you have one 757 flight to Amsterdam each evening? I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen. It would be nice, but I just don't think it will happen.
I suppose most are just fine but I have seen a few of the outsourced replacements who should NEVER be at the podium and would never have gotten by the NW personnel dept. Hopefully NW has a good mystery shopper type program to routinely check up on all this.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Lightbulb

:-: And now, a word from our sponsor, Pedants International. :-:

Originally Posted by florin
The OP was expressing concern, not asking questions.
Then the OP shouldn't have started the first sentence of the post with the words "How does," since doing so automatically creates a question. Which is what the other user was correctly hinting at.

:-: We now return you to your regularly scheduled non-pedantic FlyerTalk! :-:
Old Mar 12, 2007, 11:56 pm

re

There is room for a lounge at BDL. As you walk into the new concourse from the retail area, to the left is a long blank wall. Behind that wall is room for a sit-down restaurant. Delta has around 25 departures, CO around 9? and NW will have 11 with AMS. You would think with 45 departures they could do some kind of NW/CO/DL lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.