Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get ready to pay for the exit row

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2006, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Another elite here who can select P seats during purchase and can select E seats when logging into NWA in the res section. Wonder where this is published or is this just rumor?
Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:19 am

Programs: DL
I am not totally against airlines charging for "choice" seats. I don't like it, but I can accept it.

However, I disagree with their reasoning that the exit row is a choice seat. Yes, in room and comfort it is, no question. That's my preferred seat. But when I am sitting there, I consider myself on the airline's payroll. I have checked my little contract stating I am going to help out in case of emergency. I've listened to the flight instructors explain it to me, and then verbally agreed once again to help out if needed.

I don't think I should have to pay extra for that.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:35 am

Programs: NWA Gold
I smell a stinking rotten troll...

Or is that another "enhancement" from the NWA braintrust? I'm still not sure, but I say troll.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:03 am

Programs: AS MVPG
I suppose they will give a small refund to the people sitting in the middle seats then
Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:28 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Some other impressive stuff
There are some who will pay the 15 bucks for more comfort. The exit row seat will not be available at that point to the elite. This is yet another blow to the elite program. It's a small one, but another straw to pile on. That pile of straw is getting higher and higher.

Bean counters should not be allowed to run companies. They are good for counting beans, however.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:49 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Starwood Gold
What would be the whole reason for being a Silver Elite if they start charging elites. Not being able to get FC is no big deal to me. The fact that I could get Exit Rows, made flying domestically, and flying NWA all the time, all worth while....If they do this there is really no benefit to me. I was glad Spirit started a FF program, now I am elated. As most of my business trips are to South Fla, if NWA does this its on to Spirit for me.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:59 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
With nothing announced and just rumors being circulated (from often questionable sources) why are we even discussing this?!?!

Let wait for the facts and deal with them in a reasonable fashion.

Last edited by fromYXU; Mar 12, 2006 at 10:40 am
Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:03 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
Originally Posted by attheairport
New Enhancement!?

Pay for exit row and other CHOICE seats at 15.00 per seg OLCI and Kiosk only and by CC only.

If you pay and are upgraded later...no refund

Effective 14Mar
How Virgin Blue...

-Vincent
Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL-DM, Hilton-Dia
Originally Posted by attheairport
New Enhancement!?

Pay for exit row and other CHOICE seats at 15.00 per seg OLCI and Kiosk only and by CC only.

If you pay and are upgraded later...no refund

Effective 14Mar
Exactly where is this on the NW website? They still list preferred seating for elites under benefits
Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:15 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
I hope it is just a rumor. If it turns out to be true, here's another one who will switch loyalties. Access to preferred seating is too big of a benefit to surrender.

Originally Posted by 1Banker
Exactly where is this on the NW website? They still list preferred seating for elites under benefits
Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by scophreak
Doesn't seem to be much corroboration of this policy yet, however those that have reported success in booking exit rows should read the OP a little more closely. I suppose we'll see when the effective date rolls around.
I saw the March 14 date, but I also saw DJMeatBall's post indicating difficulties in selecting exit rows. Just wanted to point out that I hadn't had those difficulties -- and let the nwa management lurkers know that this would make me very unhappy.
tom
Old Mar 10, 2006, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat(x2), BMI Gold, IC Ambassador, etc
Could still move around exit row seats today.

Can we get something official as to where he got this notice / info?

Originally Posted by mot29
I saw the March 14 date, but I also saw DJMeatBall's post indicating difficulties in selecting exit rows. Just wanted to point out that I hadn't had those difficulties -- and let the nwa management lurkers know that this would make me very unhappy.
tom
Old Mar 10, 2006, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by GWave120
I smell a stinking rotten troll...

Or is that another "enhancement" from the NWA braintrust? I'm still not sure, but I say troll.
In three years, the OP has made a total of three FT posts. I'm new here, but this hardly strikes me as a record worthy of such overwhelming credibility and vitriolic reaction. I too say troll.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
I'm also going to throw up the red flag for a troll here.

Booked some award tix last night, got exits the whole way on the coach segments.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 2:47 pm

I hope it's just a rumor that stays a rumor. In my anecdotal experience, I was just passing the troubles I've recently run into, thinking they might be closely related to this rumor.

The WorldClub agent trying to select the seats for Mrs. Meatball and I came up with a B.S. excuse for the non-selectable exit & front coach row seats -- "maybe they are blocked for weight balance reasons".

March 14th is just a few days away. Guess we'll find out soon enough!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.