Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get ready to pay for the exit row

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2006, 3:38 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Continental Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, National Emerald, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by babylucky
I think the best way to get the point across to Nwa is if everyone were to start closing there worldperks account and donate there miles that way Nwa would see the lose of customers and maybe make a change, because not purchasing tickets will not help due to the fact there are so many people ready to purchase the discounted ticket.

um...after you

The program might suck but I'm not about give away all my miles or status out of spite for RoachChoice.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by NWA_Flyer1
um...after you

The program might suck but I'm not about give away all my miles or status out of spite for RoachChoice.
I'm with you....since RoachChoice started I still haven't sat in Coach
Old Mar 26, 2006, 5:15 pm

Just book your awards on a partner airline. That way NW has to pay the other airline.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 5:30 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by glob99
Just book your awards on a partner airline. That way NW has to pay the other airline.
The idea here is not to have NW go under (through having to pay others) or be unnecessarily punitive or vindictive.

It is simply to show them the business they're losing, and get them to reverse or modify this policy -- to prove that it makes good business sense for them to do so based on the long-term value of the existing, loyal Elites.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
>>>>>Alternatively, NW can drive all its elites into the arms of new airline mistresses, leaving copious amounts of vacant premium seats to sell to infrequent flyers with money burning holes in their wallets and purses. And sadly, this appears to be the course that NW has charted.

But the current hot trend in American business, politics, and media is to ignore realities, do what sounds good from an ideological perspective then insist that everybody believe the same stupid-think (and if they remonstrate even slightly then they ARE the problem), then rantingly stay the course by insisting upon the viability and essential wonderfulness of disastrous decisions, etcetera, etcetera. Is there even a sliver of a chance that NWA is any different?
Old Mar 27, 2006, 11:52 am

here's my take: I would stick with NW if I were a Platinum; no other airline put their top elite in FC as much as NW does. As a Silver, however, since my UG % to FC is so low, I had bolted to another airline.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 5:04 pm

Programs: VX Gold; UA Silver (BLAH!); HHonors Diamond
*Sigh*

I'm CO Silver - I usually fall back to NW for those times I need to fly a carrier out of protest against the ridiculous proliferation of the dreaded RJ on 2+ hour flights (e.g. EWR-MCI) at over-ridiculous prices. So NW works out well for those trips to the midwest - frankly I can't stand CRJs/ERJs. So now they roll out Roach Choice and make the benefit of avoiding CRJs/ERJs more difficult (exit rows and a chance at an upgrade). The good news - Roach Choice didn't affect me on today's LGA-MSP-MCI-MSP-LGA bookings for next week - nobody is in the Exit rows anyway -

But I have a hard time reconciling which protest to keep up with...
The no ERJ/CRJ longer than 2 hour protest
or the Roach Choice protest
or the CO 735 FC protest
or the DL no EUA protest
or the 50% EQM protest

Maybe it's time to go UA. Damn we're screwed.

I'm nervous for the summer - I'm trying to plan a vacation to the northern plains and I'm pretty much hostage to NW - and damn do they know it.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by glob99
Heck, you almost have to book on other airlines to find any availability at all.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 4:43 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Where is CoachChoice selling?

SR tomorrow. One flight has 3 CoachChoice taken (grandfathered), and the other flight has all CoachChoice seats available. Where are these flights, that CoachChoice is a success? Long-haul? Red-eyes?

And why are all seats in the row in front of the exit-row blocked off, on all DC9/A319/A320/757 flights, for the next 90 days?

And what's up with the A320 now having 13C/D as ChoachChoice? Is this indicative of all aisle seats going CoachChoice?

Steve B.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 4:56 am

Programs: UA *G
Odd.. I have a 757 flight in 14 days and still have quite a few seats in front of the exit row open, same with the Diesel 9.
CC on my next DC-9 flight is one exit row, and one row behind the bulkhead.
on my 757, I think it's just a couple of rows behind the bulkhead.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 8:32 pm

Programs: NW PE, UA 1P, AA PLA, AMEX Plat MR, Hertz 5 Star
A friend of mine was on a NW flight today in FC and overhead the following between two FA just before the boarding door was closed:

FA#1: "There are several empty Choice seats back there, so pay attention."
FA#2: "I'll keep my eye on it."

I assume they were discussing not allowing passenges to move to those seats.

Interesting...

Anyone else have experience getting stopped/booted from jumping into a RoachChoice seat?
Old Apr 14, 2006, 8:59 pm

Programs: Delta PE, SPG PE
There shouldn't be any problems taking the seats as they are given up at the gate for free within 30 minutes of the departure time.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 6:20 am

Talking Just when you thought it was safe........

Originally Posted by imaliveru
A friend of mine was on a NW flight today in FC and overhead the following between two FA just before the boarding door was closed:

FA#1: "There are several empty Choice seats back there, so pay attention."
FA#2: "I'll keep my eye on it."

I assume they were discussing not allowing passenges to move to those seats.

Interesting...

Anyone else have experience getting stopped/booted from jumping into a RoachChoice seat?
Thanx for unburying this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.