Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NW to Asia cheapest in over a year

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2005, 9:46 am

Programs: NW PE, AC, AA, National EE
It appears the deal is for US residence only.

Here is what I got from customer services:

In reviewing this issue further, it appears this offer would not be
available to you. The offer is for travel from the US48, so that's who
it was sent to. I show that you both have WorldPerks accounts in
Toronto, so you are not eligible for the offer - which is why your
WorldPerks numbers are not in the e-cert database for PI092.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Here are the validity dates, this promo may be targetted to elites only

Travel Dates: Fares are valid for outbound travel September 12, 2005 through October 16, 2005. Travel must be completed by November 16, 2005.

This is off the start page on the website for this offer.

Please be aware that I am present NW Gold, but the offer does work for NW Silver as well. Tried with my wife's silver number and it worked.

Also one may not use any other voucher with this offer, that includes things such as event recovery TCVs and dollars off coupons.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 12:15 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Got the email as well, but

Originally Posted by opushomes
This is off the start page on the website for this offer.

Please be aware that I am present NW Gold, but the offer does work for NW Silver as well. Tried with my wife's silver number and it worked.
CO Gold, about to pull the trigger. Not so good for EQMs (50% for NonePass), but I'm using 45K to fly mom home for Xmas, so this will replace those miles

Oh, the email came to my WorlPerks Email account - still have the original 1,000 miles that I got as a sign on bonus when I joined five years ago or so.

EmailKid
Old Aug 4, 2005, 12:25 pm

Programs: NW PE, AC, AA, National EE
Based on information from NWA, the promotion is based on location not status. My silver WP# is not working due to YYZ residence.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Also one may not use any other voucher with this offer, that includes things such as event recovery TCVs and dollars off coupons.

You can use a bump voucher/credit thing (ECV) toward the tickets.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 7:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
$754.15 from DFW-BKK in late October ..... wish this would be the case in Jan 2006. M fares coming in at $1402.15 - still too early for decent fares in 01/2006.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 11:45 pm

what is the maximum stay on this please? thanks craig

notext
Old Aug 5, 2005, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
I believe that it is approximately 30 days. There are start and end dates under the rules for the promotion that create the limitation.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 3:14 am

Programs: DLPlat;AA,BA,US
Lightbulb 30 days maximum...

I believe that it is approximately 30 days. There are start and end dates under the rules for the promotion that create the limitation.
Yes, it is 30 days maximum......I wish NW was competitive in this area and offer 3 or 4 month airfares ....like DL, EVA, Korean, Malaysia Airlines in the Asia marketplace.

Also, I do believe NW is losing a lot of business to other airlines by limiting their lowest and promo fares available on nwa.com to 30 days maximum....

Yet, if you go to a ticket consolidator or travel package broker...they have NW "H" class fares at the lowest prices and you can use up to 6 months for return...

Sometimes I think NW is really losing out when they push you to use other airlines and brokers rather than being able to easily book a flight in the class of fare desired and available to brokers on nwa.com.
Old Aug 6, 2005, 12:12 pm

Anybody who
- lives in the continental USA
- signed up for NWA e-mail promotions
is eligible to use this e-cert.

The fares appear to be identical throughout the central/eastern USA (and a little cheaper from certain western areas) if you live in the Dakotas, Minnesota, Michigan or Memphis, youll pay about RT$100 more
Old Sep 30, 2005, 4:04 am

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this yet, but e-mail subscribers got another Asia sale offer two days ago. Supposedly "as low as $309 each way!!!!!!".

Use reference number PR003 and your WorldPerks number. If you're already subscribed, it should work.

Last day to ticket is October 4. Dates of travel must commence between October 17th and November 27th.

Here's the web page with the details.

(I scanned the first bunch of pages of FT threads, but didn't see anything mentioning this current promotion standing out... of course I will probably have somebody show me if I missed a thread).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.