Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Award tkt Europe -> New Zealand... with stopover in BKK?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2005, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys

I'm still toying with doing a premium class award trip to New Zealand from somewhere in the north of England. MAN-KUL-AKL and return is doable in F, but now I've got a friend that's relocated to BKK and, since I've never been to Asia, I'd like a stopover there.

Any ideas?

Can you do MAN-KL-AMS-KL-BKK-MH-KUL-MH-AKL on the outbound and AKL-MH-KUL-MH-MAN on the return on one ticket?

Or is it smarter to take F in MH the whole way and do MAN-KUL-AKL and return, putting a stopover in KUL and nesting a separate roundtrip KUL-BKK-KUL?

Est'd timeframe is next spring.

I've already tried to book MH awards earlier this year. WP desk makes the reservation, tells me they have to confirm with MH, itinerary appears on nwa.com, only to disappear in a few days. Subsequent calls reveal MH rejected the award. Is there a better way?
Old Apr 26, 2005, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
ICan you do MAN-KL-AMS-KL-BKK-MH-KUL-MH-AKL on the outbound and AKL-MH-KUL-MH-MAN on the return on one ticket?

Or is it smarter to take F in MH the whole way and do MAN-KUL-AKL and return, putting a stopover in KUL and nesting a separate roundtrip KUL-BKK-KUL?
I'm 3-for-3 this year on MH F awards, so I think you're just getting unlucky.

I would go ahead and book MAN-AMS-BKK-KUL-AKL with the stopover, and AKL-KUL-MAN on the return. Should be easy.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
I'm 3-for-3 this year on MH F awards, so I think you're just getting unlucky.
Do you do this purely by phoning PE line? One PE agent once told me to phone MH first and ask about open R space, then phone WP back. Sounds like a pain!

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
I would go ahead and book MAN-AMS-BKK-KUL-AKL with the stopover, and AKL-KUL-MAN on the return. Should be easy.
Anyone know if this can be done w/ change of carriers and this routing?
Old Apr 27, 2005, 6:20 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
Do you do this purely by phoning PE line? One PE agent once told me to phone MH first and ask about open R space, then phone WP back. Sounds like a pain!

Anyone know if this can be done w/ change of carriers and this routing?
When at first you don't succeed....call back.

My first two tickets worked like dreams. Great agents first time. The latest ticket took four calls to get an agent who could be bothered to help me. You might have to TELL them you need R class since many of them don't know - but the PE line can definitely do it for you.

Change of carriers is no problem on an award ticket. My last ticket was:

DCA-EWR (CO)
EWR-ARN (MH)
-open-
CPH-AMS (KL)
AMS-DTW-DCA (NW)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.