Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

NW -AND- YX make market share gains at MKE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NW -AND- YX make market share gains at MKE

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2005, 1:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Bagels
I'm shocked this thread hasn't been trolled to Newsstand.
Me too.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 5:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP75K
There is another much better option to go between mke-ord. And mke-mdw, but probably not as advantagous. The United Limo, which it was called for years and years, but recently changed its name to Coach USA. It is basically a greyhound bus.

1hour 50 mins to ORD and 3hour 5 min to MDW, from milwaukee amtrak to the terminal.

Price is $41 to ORD and $63 to MDW.

They have hourly service and pick up at multiple stops (about 5) along the way, including directly at MKE airport. I asked about taking Coach USA from downtown milwaukee Amtrak to MKE airport and they said they would not allow it cause it competes with public transportation.

The amtrak cost $20 from milwaukee downtown to chicago downtown, then you have to walk 2 - 4 blocks and get a subway which can take up to another hour. Alot of time.

I live right downtown milwaukee (across the street from amtrak station). If I'm going to ORD, i usually take the Coach USA. If I'm going to MDW I'll drive and park (parking is cheaper at MDW). If going to MKE, the amtrak charges $6, and only has 7 trains a day. However, Milwaukee Public Transit has a bus which cost $1.75 (bus 80) picks up 1 block from amtrak, drops right off at the terminal (amtrak you have to take shuttle bus from the train station at the airport to the terminal), plus bus 80 runs like every 20 minutes and takes only 20 minutes to get to the aiport. The one disadvantage with the public bus, is you can't have tons of luggage.

From downtown Milwaukee to MKE airport, or between airports there are much better options than the train. However, for anyone living in downtown Chicago and going to MKE airport, the train is your most economical and quickest bet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.