Wiki Posts
Search

To Check-in or not to Check-in?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2005, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National EE
To Check-in or not to Check-in?

You go to check-in online and are told "no first class seats are available, would you like to be placed on waiting list?".

Are you best to continue with OLCI so as to be early on the check-in list or abort check-in and hope for something to happen automatically overnight? Will you be skipped over for an automatic upgrade if you're already checked-in?

I didn't expect the upgrade into DCA as a little measley silver, but this is the first time I have not been upgraded out of STL.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 9:24 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
i've never gotten an upgrade by multiple check-ins. but i do get upgrades between the time i do check-in and arriving for my flight. often i double check at the WC or GA and see if it's cleared and 50% of the time, it has, even before the battlefield ones are cleared....i've given up doing multiple OLCI as it seems to be more of a waste of time...
Old Apr 18, 2005, 9:26 am

You might find these threads helpful:
Old Apr 18, 2005, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National EE
Thanks! I had gone ahead and checked in (got good coach seats no matter what) but then wondered afterward.

And was too lazy to do a search, but those threads were helpful to read again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.