Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Award Tickets - Flights changed by several days

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2005, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

I booked two award tickets to the Cayman Islands for Nov 25-30. I checked the itin today and noticed that my dates moved around quite a bit. The return is actually nonsensical as the first leg departs on a later day than the second one.

The flights are all on Continental metal but booked with Northwest miles. It looks like the flights were canceled and the booking engine simply rebooked those segments on the next available. I haven't even been notified about this.

How does NW generally handle this situation? The crux is that we have a hotel booked but if I cancel now, I would have to rebook at a 30% higher rate.

Old Itin
Outbound
Nov. 25 OMA - IAH 7:25AM-9:51AM
Nov. 25 IAH - GCM 12:50PM-4:48PM

Inbound
Nov. 30 GCM - IAH 4:20PM - 6:23PM
Nov. 30 IAH 0 OMA 8:50PM - 11:04PM

New Itin
Outbound
Nov. 25 OMA - IAH 7:25AM-9:51AM
Nov. 26 IAH - GCM 12:50PM-4:48PM

Inbound
Dec. 03 GCM - IAH 4:20PM - 6:23PM
Nov. 30 IAH 0 OMA 8:50PM - 11:04PM
Old Apr 16, 2005, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Looks like CO changed the schedule. If there are other CO flights on your dates that would work, NW could contact CO and request them to move you to those.

Or, if NW has service on your dates, they could force you on those flights.

Or, they could see if DL has something that will work for you.

It's always tough with schedule changes in smaller markets, as they're not much to work with. Give them a call and try to work something you. I suspect that GCM tourism isn't coming back as fast as hoped after the hurricanes, and it'll be difficult to find something since there are fewer flights these days.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, channa. After doing some more searching, it seems like 80% of the previous available CO flights have been nixed. I am not talking award availability, many flights are actually gone. I was lucky though the Nov 26-Dec 1 was available (just one day off) and the hotel didn't have a problem to move my reservation by one day without increasing the price.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by michaelr
the hotel didn't have a problem to move my reservation by one day without increasing the price.
Glad it worked out, and glad the hotel was accommodating -- they should be, as tourism has really tanked in GCM since the hurricane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.