Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Any know any cheap B-fare out there? (To/from any city)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2005, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL

I'm enrolled in a NW gold elite challenge and need to fly 5 RTs in B class or higher by the end of May. So far, my business travel will net me 2 RTs in B class. Since I'm a consultant, I can travel I want to anywhere on the weekends to a city that has cheap B-fares.

(I'm silver now; was gold for the past 3 years. But unlike the past 3 years, I'm commuting between NYC and DSM every single week. What an appropriate time to lose gold. )

- Pat
Old Apr 7, 2005, 8:20 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Hilton
I've actually seen nonrefundable B-Fares before that were cheaper than refundable discount fares. For instance when I was flying DTW-SDF every week if I reserved more than 2 weeks in advance I could get a nonrefund B fare for around $250 (that includes a corp travel discount) whereas if I reserved under 2 weeks I would get a refundable discount fare that would be over $400.

DTW-MSN I typically have to wait until less than a week before my flight to get a B fare.

So try looking at different time intervals for your various destinations you may be able to find a nonrefundable B fare that is a decent price. I did DTW-FNT to finish a gold challenge on a B fare and it was 200 bucks or so. More time taxiing than in the air... gotta love it.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K, DL 1MM/Silver
I agree w/ dtwjim. DTW-FNT/LAN/TOL often price out <$300 r/t on a B fare, often w/ no minimum stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.