Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

gold on pnr with non elites - upgrade at online checkin?

Old Apr 7, 2005, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum

I have a trip next week. I am gold but the rest of the passengers on ticket are non elite. Obviously if I split the records, my Gold has a chance of eua. My question is if I leave the record together, will I be asked if I want to upgrade at online check in. There are still seats in F but I am afraid that if I split the record and/or take the upgrade that I will lose the currently assigned seats. I know i can call the gold line and be kept together when I split the record, I would just hate to be separated if the upgrade goes through and the family is left to fill in middle seats when I have row 5 on an A 320 and 16 on a 753(?).
thanks
Old Apr 7, 2005, 1:05 pm

I'm pretty sure you will NOT be given the option to upgrade with non-elites on your PNR unless you split the record ahead of time.

If you want the upgrade, just go ahead and split the record. Odds are very small that your family will be moved. They'll typically keep their seats unless there's an equipment change or some other irregularity.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
As a plat, I was not offered the upgrade option at OLCI when traveling with a non-elite. We split our records on the next trip, and she was not moved from a Premium seat. I agree that if equipment changes, they probably will be moved back.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 1:24 pm

I split a record a few months ago in hopes my companion would get an U/G.
Instead it gave him the dreaded SSSSSSSSSSS and he still sat in coach.
Seems it appeared as a last minute reservation.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by frankc98376
I split a record a few months ago in hopes my companion would get an U/G.
Instead it gave him the dreaded SSSSSSSSSSS and he still sat in coach.
Seems it appeared as a last minute reservation.
This is hit-or-miss. I've split 3 itins in the last year (2 on CO, 1 on NW) at the last minute, and only once did I get SSSSed (on one of two near-identical CO itins).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.