Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

NW terminal in DTW, can Westin guest enter terminal's shops/restaurants? 6 suitcases.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NW terminal in DTW, can Westin guest enter terminal's shops/restaurants? 6 suitcases.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2005, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Two questions:

(1)
If someone is staying at the Westin DTW which is located
in the NW terminal, can she enter the secured area?
(to go to the restaurants and shops)

(2)
After check-out, how does she check-in for a NW flight?
Does she have to exit the hotel and go back to the NW
check-in counters? (have 6 suitcases to check) Can
NW's skycap come out to the Westin or does the Westin
bellboys go to the NW counters?

Thanks!
Old Mar 12, 2005, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by 1712overture
Two questions:

(1)
The last time I was at DTW, we stayed overnight at the Westin and were unable to re-enter the secured part of the airport that night. We were forced to pay a cab over $20 to drive us to a restaurant that was not more than 2 miles from the terminal. The cab was very reluctant to do it too. I might also add that the Westin hotel restaurant was, IMO, more expensive than most hotel restaurants. I would recommend getting something to go from the airport to take back to the room. There are plenty of good eateries in the airport and they all provide to go options.

(2)
After check-out, how does she check-in for a NW flight?
Does she have to exit the hotel and go back to the NW
check-in counters? (have 6 suitcases to check) Can
NW's skycap come out to the Westin or does the Westin
bellboys go to the NW counters?
The domestic Northwest counters are just around the corner from the hotel, very close. International are a little further away but not too bad. Then she can just return to the hotel and enter through the very fast security entrance from the hotel rather than going through the general security entrance, which can be very backed up from time to time. I don't know if you could get a sky cap to take your luggage from the hotel to the check in area but everyone has their price. I'm sure the Westin bellboys would do it.

Last edited by AS Flyer; Mar 12, 2005 at 1:10 pm
Old Mar 12, 2005, 3:11 pm

Programs: NW Gold Elite
No, you can't re-enter the terminal without a boarding pass. The Westin restaurant has very good food for a hotel restaurant, and in my opinion, not overpriced. There is also a bar/lounge connected to the restaurant where you can order food off the menu. It also has great atmosphere. I commonly eat there on long layovers, and relax in the TV lounge to use the free WiFi.
Old Mar 12, 2005, 3:25 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by 1712overture
Two questions:

(1)
Don't forget, you can check-in and receive a boarding pass 24 hours in advance. So, if you have a flight the next morning or afternoon, you can get your boarding pass, use it to enter the secure area that evening and then use it the following day to actually get to your flight. My wife and I did this two weeks ago, and I didn't know whether TSA would find it funny I was going through security for a flight 9 hours before it left, or the next morning that I was reusing the boarding pass to come in again. TSA didn't ask any questions in either instance. And the BP was SSSSed, so we got the full pat down twice! Lovely!

Look in the DTW Forum for restaurant suggestions in the terminal.
Old Mar 12, 2005, 4:37 pm

There are self service check-in kiosks as well as flight status monitors in the Westin lobby. You should have no problem printing your boarding pass or changing seats there.

As for entering the airport, absolutely everything shuts down at 9:30-10:00pm anyway.

Regarding the luggage check-in-the following is from the website:
In 1993, Westin Hotels & Resorts revolutionized the way guest services were provided worldwide through a program called Service Express. With Service Express, guests dial just one number on their in-room telephone to make all service requests. Our command center then relays guests' telephoned requests to Westin's mobile Service Express associates for maximum efficiency. Wake up calls, luggage assistance, maintenance requests, dry cleaning pick ups, meal delivery, iron and ironing board delivery, and meal and fitness reservations - Service Express handles it all.

www.metroairport.com

Last edited by nwaflygirl; Mar 12, 2005 at 4:38 pm Reason: grammatical error
Old Mar 12, 2005, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still PAL Premier Elite & Hilton Diamond

Last edited by MikeMpls; Jul 9, 2013 at 10:55 pm
Old Mar 13, 2005, 8:04 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
Print a BP at the Westin and enter/leave the NcNamera Terminal as often as you want!

1) As long as its within 24 hours of your flights scheduled departure you can print your BP at the Westin.

After having the BP in hand you can enter through the Westin TSA checkpoint to Concourse "B" as often as you desire.

2) If you are not traveling for MORE than 24 hours and (1) member of your group is a Worldclubs Member you must call the Worldclubs 24 hours in advance to "schedule a meeting at the club" and then your name(s) including the non-worldclub pax will be put on the TSA checkpoint list of authorized people to enter the terminal (To attend the scheduled meeting at the Worlsclub) On your way to/from your "Worldclub Meeting" you can stop at a restaurant, newsstand, shoeshine, etc.

Note: You can only schedule one meeting a day at the Worldclub.

This would let you onto the concourse if you had a 36 hour layover and wanted to have lunch at Coney Island or McDonalds.

Good LucK!

RC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.