Wiki Posts
Search

Best Fare Guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2005, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond; HHonors-Silver, Marriott- Gold
Best Fare Guarantee

Has anyone used this yet? I was wondering if anyone knows if the ECV has to be used by the original ticketholder? Thanks!

Guarantee offer: Fare differences of at least $5.00 will be refunded to the credit card used for the original purchase on nwa.com. There is no limit to the amount of the refund. An Electronic Credit Voucher (ECV) for future travel in the amount of $50.00 USD will be issued for each ticket eligible under the Guarantee. The ECV may not be altered by an agent of any carrier named herein. To make reservations using your ECV receipt, visit nwa.com or call a Northwest Reservations office. ECVs are redeemable for travel commencing within one year of the ECV issue date. Travel must be completed within one year of ECV redemption date or within the validity of applicable fare rule used, whichever is most restrictive. Extensions will not be permitted. An ECV does not need to be presented at time of ticket issuance but retain your receipt for reference when booking your reservation. ECVs will not be replaced for any reason. Purchased/auctioned ECVs are subject to confiscation or voiding and travel will not be permitted. By redeeming the ECV, the individual named acknowledges the content of these Terms and Conditions and agrees to abide by them.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 1:10 pm

The answer to your question is yes, the ECV can only be used by the person to whom it's issuedl, and it's issued automatically to the traveler for whom the BFG was invoked.

If you search the NW board for "BFG" you'll find the following thread:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376743

In it, I bought a ticket for my sister and invoked the BFG. She now has a $50 ECV that only she can use (even though I bought the ticket).
Old Jan 11, 2005, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond; HHonors-Silver, Marriott- Gold
Originally Posted by themicah
The answer to your question is yes, the ECV can only be used by the person to whom it's issuedl, and it's issued automatically to the traveler for whom the BFG was invoked.

If you search the NW board for "BFG" you'll find the following thread:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376743

In it, I bought a ticket for my sister and invoked the BFG. She now has a $50 ECV that only she can use (even though I bought the ticket).
Thanks! I was typing the whole thing in, no abbreviation. Good information. Thanks for checking that out with NW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.