Almost Platinum

Old Jan 8, 05, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Almost Platinum

I was Silver with NW this past year, making it to Gold by midyear. I have about 71,000 mils for the year 2004 (and an additional 1700 on 1/6/05). Is there anyway I can get them to give me Platinum Status for 2005? I am Platinum with Am West. However, several years ago NW matched my AA Silver Status and most airlines will only match status one time.
Old Jan 8, 05, 9:29 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by harryheck
I was Silver with NW this past year, making it to Gold by midyear. I have about 71,000 mils for the year 2004 (and an additional 1700 on 1/6/05). Is there anyway I can get them to give me Platinum Status for 2005? I am Platinum with Am West. However, several years ago NW matched my AA Silver Status and most airlines will only match status one time.
Have you considered contacting NW first? The Talk to Us feature is probably the best option. Looks like NW, though, processed the bumps in status earlier this month, so you might be SOL. But, you never know. Tell them about your HP status with the promise that you'll book more tickets on NW this year.

aloha
Old Jan 9, 05, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
NW said to ask about challenges after 1/31.

Search this Thread