Wiki Posts
Search

New A330

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2004, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Slymiles
New A330

Hi everyone. Due to take the new A330 within and then out of Asia. Anyone got any butt in seat experiences of seat 41G on this new plane? Seat Guru has it as one of the better seats on the plane... How is the video system?

Any help appreciated.

Mykal
Old Oct 28, 2004, 7:41 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Video system makes the trip a lot more pleasant. If seatguru says that the seat is ok, the it is likely ok. Back of the plane...
Old Oct 28, 2004, 8:15 pm

Be careful not to confuse the A330-300 (aka "333") and the A330-200 (aka "332"). The planes are similar, but not identical.

Seatguru thus far only has the 333, which I think mainly flies to Europe.

Check you itinerary to see which version you're on before you commit to any particular seat. For Asia, it's likely to be the 332.
Old Oct 28, 2004, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by themicah
Be careful not to confuse the A330-300 (aka "333") and the A330-200 (aka "332"). The planes are similar, but not identical.
Good point. In fact 41G on the 332 would be equivalent to the 44G on the 333. Seatguru describes the seat as "yellow" for close proximity to lavatory. I suggest that you switch seats.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Slymiles
Thanks, I am glad I got that little tidbit of info. What is NW thinking with this change to the A330 to Bangkok? Less capacity on one of their more popular routes. I am 747 to Tokyo then A330 out to BKK and then BKK to NRT then NRT to SFO. Definitely need an exit row or a seat that I can stretch out in being 6'3" and 250lbs... Any suggestions for those who have flown?

Thanks again.

Mykal
Old Nov 13, 2004, 9:47 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
Coach 333 DTW-AMS

Any thoughts on the A330-300 in coach for DTW-AMS flights? Is it better/worse than the DC10 from MSP? Also, if anyone can comment on the onboard service (meals) to/from AMS I'd appreciate it.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 2:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Do the new A332 use jetways or stairs to de-board at Don Maung Airport? Trying to get my butt off the plane to hit immigration before the crowd ... sititng in the front of coach ....
Old Dec 1, 2004, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by doctajay
Do the new A332 use jetways or stairs to de-board at Don Maung Airport? Trying to get my butt off the plane to hit immigration before the crowd ... sititng in the front of coach ....
Front of the back is probably as good a place as any.

NW seems to always use stairs to disembark at BKK (must be cost as jetway gates are available). Doubt it'll be any different with a 332.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by miles addict
Any thoughts on the A330-300 in coach for DTW-AMS flights? Is it better/worse than the DC10 from MSP? Also, if anyone can comment on the onboard service (meals) to/from AMS I'd appreciate it.
miles addict,
Instead of hijacking a thread do a search: Msp/dtw-ams 330 vs DC10. A lot of this has been discussed before. If you have specific questions just start another thread or add to a previous one that is more specific to your topic of interest.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by miles addict
I was just in 13G AMS-DTW. Seat is marginally more comfortable than the DC10 seat that I flew over in (other end of the same second row in coach). But on the DC10, all middle seats in the row were empty, on the A330, coach and BC were packed full.
I thought I'd read somewhere back when the 330s were being introduced or touted or something that the first coach cabin (the P) seats were to have slightly longer pitch and electrical connections as well. Am I dreaming, does anyone else remember this? I didn't look, but I don't recall seeing a plug at my seat either. (I think that the first coach cabin on the 747-200s has slightly longer pitch too -- can anyone confirm this?)
As to meals -- in coach, nothing to rave about, but it passed the time and was tasty -- I ate vegetarian both ways -- two different kinds of pasta. There was a nice salad on the AMS-DTW flight.
tom

Last edited by mot29; Dec 1, 2004 at 3:57 pm
Old Dec 1, 2004, 4:14 pm

Programs: NW Plat
Originally Posted by themicah

Seatguru thus far only has the 333, which I think mainly flies to Europe.

Check you itinerary to see which version you're on before you commit to any particular seat. For Asia, it's likely to be the 332.
Why the heck doesn't seatguru have the NW 332 yet? I've been hearing people complain about this here for months now. Anybody here have a line in to the seatguru guy? Seems like NW FTers could probably put together a first draft of the seatmap pretty easily.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 4:22 pm

Seatguru: A330-200

Did anyone checked???
Old Dec 1, 2004, 4:33 pm

Programs: NW, UA
Originally Posted by terenz
NW seems to always use stairs to disembark at BKK (must be cost as jetway gates are available). Doubt it'll be any different with a 332.
really? i fly nw to bkk 2 times a year ( aug. and nov. in '04) and never deplaned on stairs. always jetway. interesting.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by worldexpress
really? i fly nw to bkk 2 times a year ( aug. and nov. in '04) and never deplaned on stairs. always jetway. interesting.
Might be my luck and that of other FTers but my NW flights always seem to disembark by the south cargo area though the a/c pushes back from the south T2 pier 6 hours later.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 4:40 pm

Programs: NW, UA
Originally Posted by Mykal
Thanks, I am glad I got that little tidbit of info. What is NW thinking with this change to the A330 to Bangkok? Less capacity on one of their more popular routes.
Mykal
agree. it makes no sense. however, interesting point i've observed having flown that route on a regular basis.. nrt-bkk is always full but bkk-nrt only about 70-80%. do 20-30 of the incoming passengers like the land of smiles so much that they decide to stay?? or do they dislike nw enough to switch carrier for the return? lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.