Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Interpreting Class availability and NW seat map data

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2005, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW/DL Plat->Gold->Silver, AA EXP 1MM

Still trying to understand how NW is now playing the domestic FC upgrade game...

Travelling on 1/2/05 DFW-DTW, I did not upgrade in advance and indeed I almost never do since June.

As of 1:00 AM on 1/2/05 the availability tool showed P9F0 as it had for the previous week. The NWA seat map showed 11 Premium seats filled.

Somewhat later the availability tool showed P0F0 while the NW seat map was unchanged. This was still the situation wehn I arrived at the airport. Yet I received an upgrade boarding pass, and the agent appeared to have a small pile of them to hand out.

Can anyone figure how to interpret these data?

Does the availability tool have any real use in these upgrade situations?
Old Jan 3, 2005, 3:04 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
You got the upgrade, what else is there to know!

Seatmaps are an approximation of what is available. Watching fare clases that close to departure is insane! The P9 likely went to P0 because the seats were given out for upgrades, one of them yours.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 3:08 pm

Programs: NW Plat
Lots of threads on this:

* upgrades come from R bucket, not P or F
* NW is being extremely stingy with R avail, assumedly hoping for last minute full Y or P purhcases, especially on high load routes
Old Jan 3, 2005, 3:29 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Cacophony
* upgrades come from R bucket, not P or F
But if P is 0, R is also 0. The question related to having P0 (and therefore R0) and still getting upgraded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.