Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Book Award Travel, Then Close Account?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2004, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Can I book award travel for the future and then close my worldperks credit card account? I know I will lose all miles, but how about tickets booked?
Old Aug 30, 2004, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
If the tickets are issued, you should have no problem. Aren't the miles going into your normal NW account? If so, then you can cancel the card without a problem in most cases. (Sometimes if there is a bonus attached to the card, you have to keep it for a certain amount of time. Check the terms and conditions to make sure.)

If the miles are just in your NW account, then don't worry about closing it. Maybe someday you'll fly NW and have use for the orphan miles.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Miles are earned from credit card

These miles were all earned using the credit card. So it sounds like I don't even have to book the tickets now, and the miles will stay available to use later even if I have closed the credit card? I've kept this credit card open because I thought I would lose all the miles earned with it. It's not worth it to pay the annual fees and I want to stop using it, but don't want to lose the 70,000 miles I have. Debbie

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
If the tickets are issued, you should have no problem. Aren't the miles going into your normal NW account? If so, then you can cancel the card without a problem in most cases. (Sometimes if there is a bonus attached to the card, you have to keep it for a certain amount of time. Check the terms and conditions to make sure.)

If the miles are just in your NW account, then don't worry about closing it. Maybe someday you'll fly NW and have use for the orphan miles.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by debbie1102
These miles were all earned using the credit card. So it sounds like I don't even have to book the tickets now, and the miles will stay available to use later even if I have closed the credit card? I've kept this credit card open because I thought I would lose all the miles earned with it. It's not worth it to pay the annual fees and I want to stop using it, but don't want to lose the 70,000 miles I have. Debbie
Yes, once the miles are deposited into your WorldPerks account, there's no relationship between the deposited miles and your WorldPerks Visa. So, you'll be okay.

aloha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.