Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone seen the FC snack basket ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2004, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat
Anyone seen the FC snack basket ?

I normally return to SEA via the 7:30 pm departures from MSP or DTW, but this past Sunday I flew the 9:30 pm from MSP. No meal is served on flights in this later flight bank to the West Coast, but the FC Snack Basket was available the last time I took this flight earlier this year. [For those not familiar, the FC Snack Basket is a communal basket from which FC passengers may select bananas, apples, almonds, chocolate candy, chips and Oreos (I think there were Oreos)].

On Sunday, there was no Snack Basket in FC -- just a beverage service. Also, I noted several passengers whiling away the flight with Coffee with Bailey's, but drinking from styrofoam cups. Later, I requested some hot tea, which was served in a styrofoam cup as well -- The FA explained no regular FC cups had been boarded in MSP.

Clearly, the lack of cups was a catering glitch ... but how about the Snack Basket ? Has anyone seen it recently, or has it been discontinued to reduce costs ?

Oh, well ... fortunately I have modest FC tastes and needs, and NW doesn't actually charge additional money for FC. As long as domestic upgrades are free and plentiful [and EQMs are 100% for any fare level], I will continue with NW as my primary carrier.
Old Jul 29, 2004, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K, DL 1MM/Silver
[QUOTE=hsmythe] Has anyone seen it recently, or has it been discontinued to reduce costs ?

Saw it 3-4 weeks ago, 10:30pm SFO-DTW
Old Jul 29, 2004, 7:20 pm
alm

Programs: Alaska MVP
Saw the basket on 06JUL - MSP-RNO
Old Jul 29, 2004, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K
The 'ol basket was missing in action on an overnight SFO-MSP this week -- though maybe they usually don't have one on this flight.
Old Jul 29, 2004, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, DL MM
Was there July 15 #338 LAX-DTW redeye....

K

Last edited by Kaeokai; Jul 29, 2004 at 10:47 pm Reason: clarification
Old Jul 29, 2004, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Msp-lax

We had it in FC on the 9:40PM flight. It was great. Good idea to have fruit, nuts, sweets, etc. and in good quantity. It has to be very inexpensive for NW, but it goes a long way.
Old Jul 29, 2004, 9:00 pm

Last time--June--I was on an eligible flight--the late MSP-LAX--the illusive snack basket was MIA. I think it was on the same flight when I took it in May.
Old Jul 29, 2004, 9:10 pm

Sure, the basket is inexpensive... if you or I were putting it together. Can you imagine how much it is when the catering company does it? No wonder the basket isn't found loaded on every non-meal flight.
Old Jul 29, 2004, 9:25 pm

Saw it a couple weeks ago SFO-DTW red-eye but I'd brought my own as I am on low-carb diet.
Old Jul 29, 2004, 9:48 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
My last time-appropriate flight MSP-ONT, 6/28 it was served, passed three times.
Old Jul 29, 2004, 10:44 pm

Location: SFO (sometimes TVL), NYC, CHI but nowhere in between.
Programs: NW Gold
Just got back from the SAN-DTW redeye and we had nothing but the ole' basket-o-spinsels-n-nuts.

Darn cuz I was hungry too.
Old Jul 29, 2004, 10:51 pm

I had it 2 weeks ago. DTW-FLL flight 250. I was shocked I hadn't seen it in a long time
Old Jul 30, 2004, 8:11 am

Programs: NW Plat, HH Sliver, Mariott Silver
Interesting. I have never seen this basket. I will now start paying more attention!
Old Jul 30, 2004, 8:11 am

Programs: NW - Platinum, UAL - Premier Gold, Hilton - Diamond
Saw it on Jul 23 MSP ABQ
Old Jul 30, 2004, 10:46 am

Programs: WN, DL, AA; Hyatt or Wyndham
I have never seen such a basket this year in first on any of the following routes, only nuts and pretzels:

MCI-DTW
MCI-MSP
MCI-MEM
MEM-MSY
MSP-DCA
MSP-LGA
DTW-DCA
DTW-LGA

Am I missing something? Should I go look in the galley or something? Or am I just on the wrong flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.