Wiki Posts
Search

delta.com and NW Miles?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2004, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Question delta.com and NW Miles?

I have some flights booked on Delta, and I want to get NW mileage credit for them. Is there a way to manipulate the itinerary on delta.com (select seats, request upgrade, online checkin) and get NW mileage credit?

When it was set up, my T/A put on my NW # and I couldn't select seats. I called DL and the person said it can only have 1 account on it at a time. She replaced my NW # with my DL # so I could select seats. So I would have to call DL after checkin to add my NW # (or handle @ gate or CRC), then change back to DL before return, online checkin, then change to NW again.

Isn't there a way to have 2 accounts on a reservation @ the same time? One to identify me to the carrier (DL in this case) and another one to say where to send mileage (NW)? My T/A said there's "room" for multiple account #s but he's not sure which one the mileage would go to.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 1:26 pm

Oh what a tangled web we weave

I don't believe so, one or the other. You will have to call or have the GA do it!
Old Jun 3, 2004, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
No.... I faced this on the trip in my Flying Delta (Shudder) post.

You have to keep your Skymiles number in to access your reservations on DL.com. Then have an agent switch it when you're ready to travel. When they do so, make sure they take out the Skymiles number (can have both in the PNR), to avoid theproblems I had.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 4:11 pm

what about flysong?

Do the flysong links no longer work for manipulating DL itins without a skymiles number?

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....80&postcount=7
Old Jun 3, 2004, 4:53 pm

Programs: MAR Plat
Originally Posted by themicah
Do the flysong links no longer work for manipulating DL itins without a skymiles number?

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....80&postcount=7
dl.com was recently changed to allow anyone to view itineraries and make seat assignments without a SkyMiles number.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 4:59 pm

Provide your DL Skymiles number when setting up the reservation with Delta so that you may view the reservation online, select/change seats, etc. Upon check-in (or even if using online check-in), have the gate agent switch the the FF number to the program of your choice.

Last edited by cab747; Jun 3, 2004 at 5:00 pm Reason: grammatical error
Old Jun 4, 2004, 11:26 am

Keep all of your boarding passes. I have taken 5 delta trips so far this year and have had only _1_ post without any action from me. I have had to fax the boarding passes into NW which usually post the miles in 3-5 days.

You can view you itinerary on delta.com You just need your confirmation number.

It doesn't matter if they put your NW # in the record either, mine has been inserted into every record, printed on boarding passes and the miles never credit. Very disappointing. However, for a $129 fare from DCA-LAX I'll live with the hassle for the time being.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 12:48 pm

Programs: NW Gold
Originally Posted by mccullo3
Keep all of your boarding passes. I have taken 5 delta trips so far this year and have had only _1_ post without any action from me. I have had to fax the boarding passes into NW which usually post the miles in 3-5 days.

It doesn't matter if they put your NW # in the record either, mine has been inserted into every record, printed on boarding passes and the miles never credit. Very disappointing. However, for a $129 fare from DCA-LAX I'll live with the hassle for the time being.
I think the key, as AlphaGolf suggested above, is to make sure they delete your SkyMiles number, not just add the NW #. Many DL agents either don't know how to do this, or are reluctant to do this (it can take three, four, or a gaggle to make the change), but once they do, the miles usually post within a day or two (miles from my flights yesterday posted this a.m.)

On the plus side, you really get your money's worth on those $129 fares when you have 3 or more agents helping you.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 12:56 pm

[QUOTE=99ejs]I think the key, as AlphaGolf suggested above, is to make sure they delete your SkyMiles number, not just add the NW #. Many DL agents either don't know

I don't have a Delta #, so none to delete. I'm finding it very hard for Delta miles to post. It seems silly that you have to call to have an agent add the # as well.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
My $129 is worth $82.78 to DL. I plan to get 5,580 miles for it. So if they pay NW even 1.5c/mile, they're in the red in pure cash terms. Before I call all of their agents....
Old Jun 4, 2004, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
No.... I faced this on the trip in my Flying Delta (Shudder) post.

You have to keep your Skymiles number in to access your reservations on DL.com. Then have an agent switch it when you're ready to travel. When they do so, make sure they take out the Skymiles number (can have both in the PNR), to avoid theproblems I had.
OK, I read the Shudder thread. I was hoping to get a DL upgrade, then switch to my NW acct # for miles, but according to one of the posts that would give me an unassigned seat so the B/P wouldn't scan. And I don't suppose I could call DL from the plane after boarding to switch to my NW #, although maybe I'll try it.

Sigh! Sometimes DL is cheaper or the schedule is more convenient, and I have some DL vouchers that I need to use.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat
NWA Credit for a Delta Flight

I booked a flight with Delta and gave the reservation agent my WP number. She said that I will get WP credit. Next, I went to Delta.com, got a SkyMiles number and looked at my reservation online. From what I understand on this thread -- by looking at my reservation on Delta.com, I negated my WP number being the "active" frequent flyer number in the reservation, and I now have to go to a gate agent on the day of the flight to have the reservation revert back to my WP number either by telling the agent to make the WP the active number or by telling the agent to cancel the SkyMiles number. Did I get this straight?
Old Jun 4, 2004, 11:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
LAst time I ran into this "elegance", I was able to look up and change my my delta flight info on www.flysong.com, even when my NW number was in the record.
Old Jun 5, 2004, 11:05 am

If Delta wants cooperate with other US carriers, they should make their reservations set-up easier. NW & CO makes it simple for SkyMiles members to earn miles on them, but DL makes it impossible for NW & CO members to earn miles on them.
Old Jun 5, 2004, 5:14 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
Online checkin will take a NW number

I never put any FF number in a reservation made at delta.com. flysong.com, and now delta.com, will allow you to view a reservation, change seats, and pull a reservation for checkin by confirmation number. and, the online checkin utility will accept a NW number, and put it in the reservation correctly. (the screen that allows the number to be added appears before checkin occurs, and therefore works even if you're a SSSSelectee. i know that from experience...... :-( )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.