Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bergen City Transportation

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2023, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Bergen City Transportation

First trip to Norway and I'm starting off in Bergen. The flight from CPH arrives at 22:35. I understand the airport train is a good way to get into the city. Upon arrival at the Bergen train station what's the best way to get to my hotel? Is there a taxi stand or is there some kind of ride service similar to Uber/Lyft I should call? Thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2023, 8:30 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
There is a bus from the airport to the city, called Flybussen from platform A5 outside the terminal. There is a bus at 23:15 and one at 22:45.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 1:36 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
It's light rail (looks like a streetcar) from the airport, last one leaves at 00:08 (eight minutes past midnight). Timetable here: https://avinor.no/en/airport/bergen-...axi/light-rail

There are several stops in the city center, one might be close to where you're staying.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 1:47 pm

If the light rail don't stop close to your place of stay, then www.entur.no (or the app) can give you directions for bus.

At least, in Oslo, Bolt is the best alternative to taxi, might be the same in Bergen.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Thanks all! Looks like the Flybussen service will be ideal inasmuch per Google Maps there's a bus stop (Dreggsallmennigen) next to the Clarion hotel where I'm staying!
Old Feb 3, 2024, 1:18 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Hanging in here - I will arrive Bergen at 23:10 for an overnight departing the next day at 11:15. Thought about staying in the city center and not the airport in order to get a quick walk around the area by my hotel, so my idea is to take the tram 1 to Byparken and then walk over to Bryggen where the Radisson is located. My question however - would you think it is safe to do that after midnight, or should I spring for the Flytoget bus that stops almost right in front of the hotel?

Thanks for your opinon...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Feb 3, 2024, 3:14 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Completely safe. If it is a weekend night the area will be lively with bar patrons. No fear whatsoever even for a woman alone.
djohannw and iamflyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.