Oslo airport transfer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oslo airport transfer

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2023, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Oslo airport transfer

Does anyone have any experience with a reasonable car service in Oslo airport for a transfer to the city center? I'll be arriving after midnight, so I don't think the train service will be running. Blacklane is quoting more than 200 EUR, so hoping for something more realistic.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 3:02 pm

The last train leaves at 00:50 from OSL, and the last bus leaves at 01:15.

Renting a car and parking in the city centre will be more expensive than a taxi.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 1:56 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by steveholt
Does anyone have any experience with a reasonable car service in Oslo airport for a transfer to the city center? I'll be arriving after midnight, so I don't think the train service will be running. Blacklane is quoting more than 200 EUR, so hoping for something more realistic.
Try the Bolt app perhaps to get driven in a car on the relative cheap between central Oslo and OSL?
Old Jun 14, 2023, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Try the Bolt app perhaps to get driven in a car on the relative cheap between central Oslo and OSL?
Bolt would certainly work if there's drivers available, but my concern is that we'll arrive late (we're already set to arrive at 12:20 and this flight has a dismal on-time record based on Flightaware) and there won't be any drivers available.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 8:30 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Bolt would certainly work if there's drivers available, but my concern is that we'll arrive late (we're already set to arrive at 12:20 and this flight has a dismal on-time record based on Flightaware) and there won't be any drivers available.
I don’t use Bolt when going to and from OSL late at night, but elsewhere in Scandinavia I’ve had good luck with late night Bolts even when I was previously this quarter expecting horrible chances.

There is a 1:15am flybussen that departs the airport for the city center but after that ….. well, last time I overnighted at OSL without a hotel Starbucks was new there and I had missed the last ways out using the train and the bus.

There are two airport hotels that are a very short walk from the arrivals exit: a Radisson Blu and a Radisson Red (fd Park Inn). When coming in late, I would use those two if missing the last train and bus.
steveholt likes this.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 14, 2023 at 8:35 am
Old Jun 14, 2023, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I don’t use Bolt when going to and from OSL late at night, but elsewhere in Scandinavia I’ve had good luck with late night Bolts even when I was previously this quarter expecting horrible chances.

There is a 1:15am flybussen that departs the airport for the city center but after that ….. well, last time I overnighted at OSL without a hotel Starbucks was new there and I had missed the last ways out using the train and the bus.

There are two airport hotels that are a very short walk from the arrivals exit: a Radisson Blu and a Radisson Red (fd Park Inn). When coming in late, I would use those two if missing the last train and bus.
This is a creative solution - it's actually cheaper for me to book a room at the Radisson than it is to pre-book a taxi in the case that we miss the last train or bus. Getting to use up my last devalued Radisson points is only a bonus. Thank you!
Old Jun 16, 2023, 4:10 pm
txp

Programs: UA, AA, DL, BA, Marriott, Hilton, Accor, Hyatt
Taxis are safe, available, and reliable. It will cost you approximately $100 at that time of the day.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 1:22 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
We are staying in Okern (Radisson Red) and it looks like the bus might stop nearby - but after an overnight trip from the US and with luggage (it is a month long trip) and two of us we are thinking we might just bite the bullet and get a taxi... Are taxis flat rate? Or will we have to be careful about what we take? I am thinking it is about USD100 based on my research. For what it is worth we are connecting in CPH and should be in OSL around 10:30.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 10:27 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, SAS Eurobonus
This is a creative solution - it's actually cheaper for me to book a room at the Radisson than it is to pre-book a taxi in the case that we miss the last train or bus. Getting to use up my last devalued Radisson points is only a bonus. Thank you!
Good to see you’ve arrived at the correct answer. I can’t really think of a situation where taking a taxi from OSL will be the best solution.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 12:41 pm

For taxi, use the booking machine to get the standard fare.

If choosing the bus to Økern, it will involve about ten minutes walkig on sidewalks and maybe a couple of safe zebra crossings. Very doable, but of course, your trip and your decisions.
fwfdan likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 3:36 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by mooncity
For taxi, use the booking machine to get the standard fare.

If choosing the bus to Økern, it will involve about ten minutes walkig on sidewalks and maybe a couple of safe zebra crossings. Very doable, but of course, your trip and your decisions.
Thanks... To be hones we are not the youngest and bus travel does not sound like fun... Our philosophy is that getting to/from the airport is a part of the total cost of transportation so even if the taxi part seems expensive it is only part of the cost to get from the US to Oslo. We are fine with public transportation during the trip but getting there after 12+ hours of travel it seems to me it is not worth it to use public transportation and drag bags on a bus and walk!

My research looks like it should be about NOK1000?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.