Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Copenhagen Airport

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2022, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Copenhagen Airport

Ok, flying end of September from CPH to Stockholm. 8am flight. Anything I should be aware of at Copenhagen Airport?
Don't want to miss my flight in Stockholm, I have almost 4 hours, but.... (different ticket).
2 hours before my flight enough time to arrive?
Old Sep 5, 2022, 3:18 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by hagrock
Ok, flying end of September from CPH to Stockholm. 8am flight. Anything I should be aware of at Copenhagen Airport?
Don't want to miss my flight in Stockholm, I have almost 4 hours, but.... (different ticket).
Being at CPH 2 hours before scheduled departure for CPH-ARN is typically more than enough time.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 10:05 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Being at CPH 2 hours before scheduled departure for CPH-ARN is typically more than enough time.
This summer has been anything but typical for flying. lol

I have been wondering the same thing since I have a morning flight from CPH in a couple of weeks. Has the Copenhagen airport been experiencing issues with security and baggage like AMS or LHR recently?
Old Sep 6, 2022, 12:37 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
This summer has been anything but typical for flying. lol

I have been wondering the same thing since I have a morning flight from CPH in a couple of weeks. Has the Copenhagen airport been experiencing issues with security and baggage like AMS or LHR recently?
With security screening? No, it hasn’t. CPH has managed to stay within the range of its historical norms for passenger security screening and as normal as ever for it.

With checked luggage? It’s also been mostly fine at CPH. And whatever extraordinary baggage mess is at CPH this year has been primarily on the arrivals side at CPH; and that’s been due to arriving bags piling up there because irregular baggage handling at airports other than CPH have meant a surge in RUSH tag luggage and the like tagged for CPH.

Of European airports with non-stop flights to five or more US cities, CPH is my preferred Schengen area airport to use for US-bound and Europe-bound flights this year. While I miss the serenity of CPH during most of 2020 and part of 2021, it came back into flow without the kind of messes that I’ve seen play out at AMS, ARN, LHR and elsewhere in 2022.
DavidDTW likes this.

Last edited by GUWonder; Sep 6, 2022 at 8:56 am
Old Sep 7, 2022, 9:33 pm

Programs: A bunch
Originally Posted by hagrock
Should be smooth. Only thing is that the Danes often put the flights to Sweden at the gates farthest away, so you basically have to walk halfway to Stockholm. Check which gate you have as soon as you get there. Check in was empty the last time I flew and security had some 15 stations open. The main line was maybe 30 minutes. However, this was mid-day and early morning could be busier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.