Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit at ARN

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2020, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Transit at ARN

I'm due to fly BKK-FRA-ARN-HEL in a weeks time (11th of June) with a 5 hour layover at ARN. Will I be able to use the Radisson at the terminal? I assume using it would require me to go landside and I'm not really sure if Sweden allows that currently. If not, any other options to take a shower and have a nap that would be available to me?

I'm a Finnish citizen and all flights are on a single ticket.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 5:55 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by AnttiV
I'm due to fly BKK-FRA-ARN-HEL in a weeks time (11th of June) with a 5 hour layover at ARN. Will I be able to use the Radisson at the terminal? I assume using it would require me to go landside and I'm not really sure if Sweden allows that currently. If not, any other options to take a shower and have a nap that would be available to me?

I'm a Finnish citizen and all flights are on a single ticket.
Assuming you’re admissible to Germany and the Schengen zone in Germany and the scheduled flights operate as booked, you will be able to enter Sweden but have to go land-side if wanting to use the Radisson in the SkyCity section of the airport. I’m not sure if the Radisson and Clarion at ARN currently allow shower access, so contact them first to see what they say about shower access for those not staying at the hotels.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Assuming you’re admissible to Germany and the Schengen zone in Germany and the scheduled flights operate as booked, you will be able to enter Sweden but have to go land-side if wanting to use the Radisson in the SkyCity section of the airport. I’m not sure if the Radisson and Clarion at ARN currently allow shower access, so contact them first to see what they say about shower access for those not staying at the hotels.
Thank you for the info. Yes, as a Finnish citizen I can enter Schengen zone in Germany as I'm on my way to Finland. As long as they let me landside at ARN all is good, I will just book a standard room at the Radisson as the layover is +5h so enough time to take a nice nap.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 7:28 am

Programs: Various
It does look like you could enter Sweden since you're arriving from another EU country.

https://polisen.se/en/the-swedish-po...d-from-sweden/
Old Jun 4, 2020, 9:03 am

on a side note, does Finland allow now or shortly with a yet announced date , visitors coming from Sweden to Finland , who are NOT FI citizens or resident ?
Old Jun 4, 2020, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bebert
on a side note, does Finland allow now or shortly with a yet announced date , visitors coming from Sweden to Finland , who are NOT FI citizens or resident ?
If you are have family in Finland or going on business then yes. Non-essential (tourism etc.) travel is currently not possible at least until June 15th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.