The entire country of Norway is shutting down

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2020, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium

"In addition to kindergartens, child care facilities, schools, and universities closing nationwide, and a ban on both professional and amateur sports — measures that have been taken only regionally so far in the U.S. — the entire country of Norway is also requiring all hairdressers, massage clinics, gyms, and tattoo parlors to close, https://www.lifeinnorway.net/norway-is-closed-coronavirus/ and
based off the announcement on NRK.

Cultural events are also banned, with museums, pools, and libraries additionally closing. While grocery stores will remain open, restaurants, bars, pubs, and nightclubs are required to close if they can't guarantee a three-foot distance between patrons."

and

"Additionally, everyone entering Norway from anywhere other than another Nordic country will be required to be home-quarantined,
regardless of symptoms...."

https://theweek.com/speedreads/90177...-shutting-down
Old Mar 12, 2020, 4:25 pm

Sounds like it won't be possible to transit OSL, if we have checked in bags. There goes my plan for all those cheap fares.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Sounds like it won't be possible to transit OSL, if we have checked in bags. There goes my plan for all those cheap fares.
Same situation, flying with carry-on only normally though. So hopefully transit will still be possible.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Freddorick
Same situation, flying with carry-on only normally though. So hopefully transit will still be possible.
Norway will need to clarify if they'll allow incoming pax to board OSL-bound flights. The linked article only mentions the quarantine requirement, not whether Norway is changing its entry or transit rules.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 12:03 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by MaxVO
Norway will need to clarify if they'll allow incoming pax to board OSL-bound flights. The linked article only mentions the quarantine requirement, not whether Norway is changing its entry or transit rules.
Transit is still allowed
Old Apr 6, 2020, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by ksu
Transit is still allowed
Although there may be some restrictions on those too: I at least remember reading about a Finn who returned home via OSL and had overnight connection and she was guided to specific hotel to spend that night in quarantine like conditions.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 1:19 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by Hezu
Although there may be some restrictions on those too: I at least remember reading about a Finn who returned home via OSL and had overnight connection and she was guided to specific hotel to spend that night in quarantine like conditions.
Correct. Same day transit, not leaving the airport is OK. Overnight transit, either to a domestic destination or to another foreign destination means having to book and pay a night at a designated quarantine hotel.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 3:41 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Does someone know what the status is this summer of a non-resident Norwegian national bringing in his/her American spouse?

Also, I would like to go to Svalbard with SAS on United miles and use the excursionist flight on the local return to CPH (such as Apr 1 SFO-CPH-OSL-TOS-LYR Apr 27 LYR-OSL-CPH May 1 CPH-SFO). Hopefully Svalbard won't be as restrictive in the summer next year as during the pandemic so far.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by vanillabean
Does someone know what the status is this summer of a non-resident Norwegian national bringing in his/her American spouse?

Also, I would like to go to Svalbard with SAS on United miles and use the excursionist flight on the local return to CPH (such as Apr 1 SFO-CPH-OSL-TOS-LYR Apr 27 LYR-OSL-CPH May 1 CPH-SFO). Hopefully Svalbard won't be as restrictive in the summer next year as during the pandemic so far.
“The Norwegian authorities have announced that fully vaccinated travellers, as well as those who have recovered from the virus in the last six months, will no longer be subject to the self-isolation requirements.

Nonetheless, everyone is still required to test at the border before entering Norway.

In line with the recommendations from the National Institute of Health and the Norwegian Directorate of Health, the decision on the quarantine exemption will enter into force from Friday, June 11, SchengenVisaInfo.com reports.”

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/new...e-requirement/
vanillabean likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.