Reload this Page >

Stockholm ARN / Arlanda Connection & Transfer [merged thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stockholm ARN / Arlanda Connection & Transfer [merged thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2023, 9:41 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by shastannie
My first time out of the USA. I'm flying to Stockholm on SAS, carry-on only, Plus seats (premium). I then transfer to Austrian airlines to fly to Vienna. I'm trying to find out: what I need to do, where I need to go, and how I get to where I have to go, from the time I step off the SAS plane to my arrival at the Austrian gate. I am flying business class on Austrian.

-- Specifically, where is customs/immigration located? I do not need to go to baggage claim... Is there some type of signage that I need to look for? Any shortcuts to get there, or confusion to avoid?
-- It looks like I have to re-enter through security after clearing customs/immigration. I believe I get fast-track with my Austrian tickets. How does that work/how do I find it?

Any other advice for a novice international traveller?
It's very simple. You didn't mention which airline you are arriving on. But let's assume it's star alliance. You will arrive at the F gates in Terminal 5. (Don't worry - all terminals are connected and it might take 10 mins to walk between all terminal buildings. (There is no Terminal 1.) You will descend a set of escalators and enter immigration. There are two sets of queues in random order one set for EU/EEA/CH citizens (marked with a ring of yellow stars), you want the other set marked all passports.

You will then walk past all the luggage belts and enter the main arrivals hall. Go up one level and you are at departures. Show your boarding pass at the security queue, go through security (there is a Fast Track for most business class airlines - I'm sure Austrian would qualify). Security has just been updated so it's very large and there's no need to remove laptops etc. Then through the duty free shop and find your departing gate. It's all pretty efficient.

I believe there is a transit way immediately after you pass through immigration but I've never had to do that. Somebody else can advise on its location.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 2:12 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
As you don't need to collect your bag at Stockholm, you will only do immigration in Stockholm, and customs in Vienna.

I don't think textually describing the route to immigration on here is going to help you. The signs are in English and will be self-explanatory, I think they call it "passport control".

Worst case, just follow everyone else from your plane, there isn't anywhere else you can go. There is a map at https://www.swedavia.com/arlanda/fin...t-the-airport/ but it may not be that helpful.

I don't believe you need to do security again when arriving from the USA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.