Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

How to use Jojo card at skanetrafiken machine (already got jojo card)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to use Jojo card at skanetrafiken machine (already got jojo card)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2017, 4:47 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The Jojo discount is now just a mere 10%. With the Jojo cards to be discontinued effectively by or in 2019, this discount is probably slated to be eliminated too by then or perhaps even earlier.

Lots of these cards have expiration dates in the 2020s, so I'm curious what they will do with the card balances by then.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The Jojo discount is now just a mere 10%. With the Jojo cards to be discontinued effectively by or in 2019, this discount is probably slated to be eliminated too by then or perhaps even earlier.

Lots of these cards have expiration dates in the 2020s, so I'm curious what they will do with the card balances by then.
What's the reasoning for discontinuing the Jojo cards do you know?
And thank you for the information - I knew about the 10% but not about the discontinuation.
I had to get my card replaced about half year ago.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 4:55 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by helosc
What's the reasoning for discontinuing the Jojo cards do you know?
And thank you for the information - I knew about the 10% but not about the discontinuation.
I had to get my card replaced about half year ago.
I don't know the details on why -- or at least I wasn't told and didn't ask/look about that.

I had already expected the discount to be eliminated quite some time back, and I had guessed a few months ago that they would likely kill of jojo cards when they started back with some more buses taking payment on board in more forms than before.

Contactless bank cards being more widespread, some changes to the Skanetrafiken app, and a much more widespread network of free wifi coverage on board buses made me expect that the Skanetrafiken decision about the path forward on this had already been made to some extent.

For those who sometimes share/buy/sell the used Jojo cards -- especially the ones with unlimited travel passes of sorts -- this may be a bit of a frustrating game changer as Skanetrafiken seems to want this all to be done as much as possible on passes linked with and loaded to particular mobile phone/mobile phone numbers.

I'll try to find out more at some point. Either way, we should be good with the cards for all of this year and into most or all of next year too.

I had to get my cards replaced about 16 months ago or so because they had no expiration and/or were about to expire. It was quite interesting for me because the cards' RFID/NFC chips/antennae were all fine despite the stuff I had done with some of them and I still had hundreds of dollars of value on each of some of those cards.

This Swedish articles says the Jojo card cutoff isn't expected until the 2019-2020 year change: http://www.sydsvenskan.se/2016-09-22...ter-jojokortet

Last edited by GUWonder; Mar 31, 2017 at 5:12 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.