FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Print Wikipost

Iceland itinerary - what to see and do?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
We took the cruise ship with daily shore excursions available. My mom loved the sulphur flats out of Akureyri! The lake with swarms of midges had me wishing I'd skipped that stop.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:36 pm

I think tourism in Iceland is very educational. There are some places we visited during our trip. So it depends on what you are looking for. But in the city, here are some major attractions:
  • The oldest swimming pool called Sundhöllin located at Barónsstígur 45a.
  • The geothermal beach.
  • A cinema called Bíó Paradís (showing Islandic movies).
  • The famous sculptor, Einar Jónsson (outdoor exhibition).
  • Horse farm and the tomato luncheon.
  • Apparently, the Rye Bread of Mashed is popular in Iceland.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 4:24 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Nice pictures! We are just back from our 5th visit to Iceland, we haven't seen Reykjavik since our 2nd trip, we've got cities back home!

My first time at the Tomato Farm, my wife's second. Delicious and such a cool place.

We really think the best places in Iceland are more than a day's ride from the city. Get past the tourist crowds and get into nature!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.