Old Jul 1, 2017, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

jackal, there are places that require more than 1 month min lease

invisible, your numbers did not match sample numbers i quoted
i wasnt addressing rental apt buildings, may be more visa related
some places are stricter than how you describe SIN re working

this is all i was responding to (and nothing else) >
Originally Posted by invisible
hotels and serviced apartments are not allowed to rent accommodation for more than 30 days

longer than 1 month it will be minimum term 1 year
quoting examples of 3 mo min, 6 mo min, and more than 1 mo

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 1, 2017 at 7:08 pm
Old Jul 4, 2017, 3:55 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Given teachers in many countries have rather long vacation periods, it's not unusual for them to do home swaps or to be willing to rent their place out when they go for vacation elsewhere. I've known plenty of people who have found a fair amount of rental arrangements for 2-12 week periods as a result of school vacation periods and staff (or students when speaking of higher education). It works out far cheaper than Airbnb/hotels.

This kind of stuff has indeed been going on long before there was Airbnb/VRBO/homeaway. I remember even coming across such arrangements on AOL/Compuserve/Prodigy back in the era when even 9600bps dial-up internet connections was considered reasonably "fast".
Old Jul 8, 2017, 2:09 am

I have found some decent deals for this (~ 2 months) via AirBnB, but it is very tricky and you need quite a lot of luck, especially in highly touristed cities (where most AirBnB rentals exists)

Otherwise I have generally found them via craigslist/gumtree, which are naturally much cheaper but require lots more effort and some level of trust.

The typical "digital nomad" approach is to choose countries that have significantly lower cost of living, and not worry too much about paying above market rents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.