Wiki Posts
Search

HomeAway hacking.-

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Hilton
HomeAway hacking.-

i rented a place in Alameda last October - it was a great place- but ever since then I have been getting the occasional email supposedly from the owner but through the HomeAway contact system which was very obviously some really chancy clickbait. Early on, I contacted the owner and she said she would deal with it, but it continues to be an annoyance. So yesterday, I called HomeAway customer service to tell them that their system seems to have been hacked. The customer service person misunderstood so I had to explain it like three time, then seemed really uninterested. So just warning folks who have rented through HomeAway that if you get an email though HomeAway that is supposed to be from the owner of your rental, be very cautious .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.