Best New York City Pizza?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best New York City Pizza?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2010, 2:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I was in New York back in February drinking late down in the Village. At about 1:30 AM I stumbled into Muzzarella Pizza on Avenue A just south of 14th. I'd rate it as the best drunk slice of pizza I've ever had
Old Aug 29, 2010, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by dhammer53
mjm and I went to Di Fara's for lunch.
I thought about you this weekend when I had the opportunity to do another Di Fara's/Ostrovistky run.

As I'd mentioned to Dan last week, apparently Dom DeMarco Jr is going to be working with a group to open a chain of pizza places starting in Vegas. (I asked one of his sisters about it while waiting for my slices this weekend...) http://www.nypost.com/p/lifestyle/fo...QBH46tWq4IvXLP

This summer I've also had the opportunity to try Totonno's (accompanied by a mandatory Cyclone ride ), Artichoke's square slice and Pizza Suprema (thanks to a few of the posts in this thread). All very good, but Di Fara is still my favorite.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by CMK10
I was in New York back in February drinking late down in the Village. At about 1:30 AM I stumbled into Muzzarella Pizza on Avenue A just south of 14th. I'd rate it as the best drunk slice of pizza I've ever had
Muzzarella's is very good pizza even sober. It is the best drunk pizza which I have often since I live nearby!
Cheers
Howie
Old Oct 19, 2010, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Village Voice's Top 10 List (2010)

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/forkin...0_best_piz.php

chew on that
Old Oct 19, 2010, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by bk3day
Totonnos over DiFara? Hmmm. Tough call. Maybe they factored in the wait at DiFara's when they awarded Totonnos #1.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by bk3day
Village Voice coverage of restaurants is about as authoritative as Village Voice coverage of Republican politics.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 8:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
Village Voice coverage of restaurants is about as authoritative as Village Voice coverage of Republican politics.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
It's actually an ok list, but shows the problems of trying to include different styles of pizza into the same list. Co. is my favorite NYC pizza, but it's a very different product than the more traditional places, like Patsy's, included on the list.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Paulie Gee's!!!

My gf and I were on our way to Roberta's, in Bushwick, but made a quick stop at a bookstore in Greenpoint on the way. Walking around the neighborhood, we stumbled upon Paulie Gee's and decided to give it a try instead of Roberta's. We loved it! We rank it ahead of Keste and Motorino (but still behind Co.) in our rankings of NYC pizza.

The best part of the meal was that we were undecided between the Delboy pizza and one of the pizzas with arugula on it. We asked if we could do a half-and-half, but Paulie thought that wasn't a good idea, so we ordered the Delboy. After we finished it, Paulie came over and delivered an Arugula Shmoogula pie on the house! It was an awesome gesture! ^
Old Oct 22, 2010, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Blumie
My gf and I were on our way to Roberta's, in Bushwick, but made a quick stop at a bookstore in Greenpoint on the way. Walking around the neighborhood, we stumbled upon Paulie Gee's and decided to give it a try instead of Roberta's. We loved it! We rank it ahead of Keste and Motorino (but still behind Co.) in our rankings of NYC pizza.

The best part of the meal was that we were undecided between the Delboy pizza and one of the pizzas with arugula on it. We asked if we could do a half-and-half, but Paulie thought that wasn't a good idea, so we ordered the Delboy. After we finished it, Paulie came over and delivered an Arugula Shmoogula pie on the house! It was an awesome gesture! ^
Nice!

Do they serve alcohol? (No apparent mention on the website.)
Old Oct 23, 2010, 12:12 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
It's actually an ok list, but shows the problems of trying to include different styles of pizza into the same list. Co. is my favorite NYC pizza, but it's a very different product than the more traditional places, like Patsy's, included on the list.
Went to Co yesterday. Wasn't too impressed. Pizza burnt, not enough flavor, and service was ok.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
Nice!

Do they serve alcohol? (No apparent mention on the website.)
Yes, including a decent beer list.

Originally Posted by chanp
Went to Co yesterday. Wasn't too impressed. Pizza burnt, not enough flavor, and service was ok.
Sorry you were disappointed. I think Co. is the best pizza in NYC right now.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold

Roman or Neapolitan?

Yes, including a decent beer list.

Sorry you were disappointed. I think Co. is the best pizza in NYC right now.
It depends on your definition of pizza, I suppose! A good friend of mine tells me it's not traditional pizza.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vasantn
It depends on your definition of pizza, I suppose! A good friend of mine tells me it's not traditional pizza.
It depends on your definition of "traditional.".

No, it's not traditional American pizza.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 12:21 pm

It depends on your definition of "traditional.".

No, it's not traditional American pizza.
What is "traditional American pizza?" Pizza Hut? Dominos?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.