Best New York City Pizza?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best New York City Pizza?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2010, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
The Original Rays is so... 70's these days. In 2010, there are so many better places to get a slice.

Brooklyn36, may be you can do a Manhattan Reality Tour of pizza places.

dh
Old Feb 13, 2010, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
personally like Johns, just off 8th on 42nd I believe. Pizza is good and atmosphere is unique.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Sifton will be reviewing a pizza place this Wednesday, I am told. It will be interesting to see what he has to say.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
For me, the original Patsy's in East Harlem is the best. Unfortunately I rarely make it up there these days.

Originally Posted by dhammer53
The Original Rays is so... 70's these days. In 2010, there are so many better places to get a slice.
Indeed. All the self-proclaimed Original Ray's joints are pretty un-original these days.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 4:08 am
ACB

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
Grimaldis, Johns (Bleecker), Lombardis and a host of others - damn fine pizza.

Una Pizza Napoletano - THE BEST. Unlike any of the others.

Read the reviews flashing by under the pictures on the web page, things like "Best in the City" from Zagat; "easily the best in the borough" from the NYT, and some calling it the best in the country from some books on the subject. Like I said, the other ones are good, Una Pizza Napoletano is the new king. He goes on sabbatical to Naples to train more almost every year. He sells pizza from opening time until that days dough is gone. Every aspect complete Naples style. The guy is a fanatic and a genius.
Since the thread's been revived...just went to this site and it's closed, saying he will open in a "new location" soon. Any chance you know if the new location is NYC, or elsewhere?
Old Feb 14, 2010, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
Grimaldis, Johns (Bleecker), Lombardis and a host of others - damn fine pizza.

Una Pizza Napoletano - THE BEST. Unlike any of the others.

Read the reviews flashing by under the pictures on the web page, things like "Best in the City" from Zagat; "easily the best in the borough" from the NYT, and some calling it the best in the country from some books on the subject. Like I said, the other ones are good, Una Pizza Napoletano is the new king. He goes on sabbatical to Naples to train more almost every year. He sells pizza from opening time until that days dough is gone. Every aspect complete Naples style. The guy is a fanatic and a genius.
Originally Posted by ACB
Since the thread's been revived...just went to this site and it's closed, saying he will open in a "new location" soon. Any chance you know if the new location is NYC, or elsewhere?
I presume you mean you went to the website.

Una Pizza Napoletana closed during the summer and the location was taken over by the owner of Motorino thus becoming Motorino (East Village) as opposed to the original Motorino (Williamsburg).
Old Feb 14, 2010, 3:43 pm
ACB

Yes, I meant the website. I had forgotten this thread and when I re-read your post I became inexplicably excited to try this place and was quite sad when I saw it had ceased to exist.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by ACB
Yes, I meant the website. I had forgotten this thread and when I re-read your post I became inexplicably excited to try this place and was quite sad when I saw it had ceased to exist.
You might be very pleased with Motorino.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Landing Gear
Sifton will be reviewing a pizza place this Wednesday, I am told. It will be interesting to see what he has to say.
Sifton is a huge fan of Co. (as am I), on 9th Avenue at 24th Street. He named their veal meatball pizza as one of the best things he ate in 2009.

http://events.nytimes.com/2009/12/30...eatball&st=nyt

Last edited by Blumie; Feb 15, 2010 at 7:18 am Reason: Add link
Old Feb 15, 2010, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Blumie
Sifton is a huge fan of Co. (as am I), on 9th Avenue at 24th Street. He named their veal meatball pizza as one of the best things he ate in 2009.

Yes, but that's not real pizza.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vasantn
Yes, but that's not real pizza.
Actually, of Co.'s pizzas, the meatball is one of the closer to "real" pizza!
Old Feb 15, 2010, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Blumie

That's not the place I was told he just reviewed. I guess we'll know tomorrow night.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
That's not the place I was told he just reviewed. I guess we'll know tomorrow night.
I'm sure your right: I wouldn't expect him to review it so soon after Bruni did, or to have mentioned it in that article I cited if he were going to follow it up with a full review.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 10:51 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA PLT
A long way from Manhattan, (but not too long of a drive from JFK) is Totonno's in Coney Island. They have a few Manhattan locations, but nothing beats their original Brooklyn restaurant. It's unlike any other pizza I've ever tasted. I can't quite place what flavor is in their crust, but it's out of this world.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 11:15 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Walked by Co. this morning; alas, they are not open for lunch on Mondays!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.