Best New York City Pizza?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best New York City Pizza?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2008, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA - 1k, Avis Presidents Club
Brooklyn may have Grimaldi's but Manhattan has Lombardi's. Its on Spring St. in SoHo...be prepared to wait for a seat but you'll be glad you did. If you prefer to stay more uptown then you can't go wrong w/ Patsy's - they have a few locations...gotta try the white pizza^
Old Oct 1, 2008, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Originally Posted by RxCapt
Add Phil's pizza on Main St. in Flushing to the worst pizza in NY.
There is decent pizza at Lucia Pizza (formerly PM Pizza) on Roosevelt Avenue, just east of Main Street. Lucia Pizza was the sister-shop of the famous (and long gone) Gloria Pizza, which had been an institution on Main Street.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Originally Posted by guv1976
[SIZE=1]There is decent pizza at Lucia Pizza (formerly PM Pizza) on Roosevelt Avenue, just east of Main Street. Lucia Pizza was the sister-shop of the famous (and long gone) Gloria Pizza, which had been an institution on Main Street.
Will have to try that one. Three of my favorite pizza places in Queens are Dani's in Kew Gardens (awesome sauce and really good pesto slices), Rosa's in Maspeth and Gino's on Broadway in Elmhurst (love their individual deep dish pie).
Old Oct 2, 2008, 9:50 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Am I the only one who like Lombardi's? Or have only caught them on really good days?
Old Oct 2, 2008, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by Seat13c
Am I the only one who like Lombardi's? Or have only caught them on really good days?
No, I am a big Lombardi's fan, too.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
I'm also a Lombardi's fan. Had a very memorable first date there actually. Getting way off topic , if in Chicago, Gino's is way better than Pizzeria Uno or Due.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 10:17 pm

Programs: Continental, United, AA
Joe's Pizza 6th Ave bet. 4th and Bleeker (West side of 6th). Pretty good slices if you like thin crust, fresh mozz, and savory (not sweet) sauce. For dessert, walk south .5 block to Bleeker and Carmine and try Grom, best ice cream ever in space that used to be Joe's Pizza. ^
Old Oct 8, 2008, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ACB
Unless there is ricotta on the pizza. Yuck.
nowwaitaminnit! NYC white pizza is awesome!! ^^^

Can't find it anywhere else in the country. Now to find the BEST place in NYC for that would be worth its own thread...
Old Oct 8, 2008, 7:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Grimaldis, Johns (Bleecker), Lombardis and a host of others - damn fine pizza.

Una Pizza Napoletano - THE BEST. Unlike any of the others.

Read the reviews flashing by under the pictures on the web page, things like "Best in the City" from Zagat; "easily the best in the borough" from the NYT, and some calling it the best in the country from some books on the subject. Like I said, the other ones are good, Una Pizza Napoletano is the new king. He goes on sabbatical to Naples to train more almost every year. He sells pizza from opening time until that days dough is gone. Every aspect complete Naples style. The guy is a fanatic and a genius.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Via email from Zagat's today re. the 2009 NYC Guide:

There were upsets in the world of cheap eats too, with first-time winners – all from Brooklyn – in three hotly contested categories: Top Burger went to DuMont, Top Pizza to Lucali and Top BBQ to Fette Sau.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 7:32 am
ACB

Originally Posted by abraxis
nowwaitaminnit! NYC white pizza is awesome!! ^^^

Can't find it anywhere else in the country. Now to find the BEST place in NYC for that would be worth its own thread...

LOL--different strokes...!
Old Oct 9, 2008, 10:38 am

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Re: Lucali, I thought it was good, but it didn't exactly rock my world. If I'm going out to Brooklyn I think I'd rather go to Franny's or Grimaldi's.

Last edited by Calcifer; Oct 9, 2008 at 10:46 am
Old Oct 9, 2008, 10:44 am

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Lombardis and Grimaldis are my favorites.

My girlfriend lived at the corner of Houston and Mott this summer, and every Saturday I would step off AA30, the late redeye from LAX, take LIRR to the subway, exit Houston/Lafayette, grab a shower, and be ready for Lombardis when they opened
Old Feb 13, 2010, 7:30 pm

Best NYC Pizza

Original Ray's
Old Feb 13, 2010, 7:41 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brooklyn36
Original Ray's
I'm no expert on the best NYC pizza, but I must say that in my view, a mention of Original Ray's no longer justifies reviving this thread. Plus the public seems to agree, as I see fewer and fewer licensees of this name every time I go to NYC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.