Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass Lounges at JFK / New York John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian

MODERATOR'S NOTE

Please use this consolidated thread to discuss Priority Pass lounges at New York JFK / John F. Kennedy International Airport. For information on Priority Pass lounges at other NYC-area airports, see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...a-airport.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...l-airport.html

N.B.: For information on individual airline lounges at JFK, please search this forum and/or the corresponding airline forum.

There are currently two Priority Pass lounges at JFK. Note that Terminals are NOT connected airside, only landside via the JFK AirTrain:

Terminal 1: KAL Business Class Lounge (Airside)
Location: Airside - proceed through X-ray Control situated to the right of the Check-in counters on the 2nd Floor. Then take the elevator to the 3rd Floor where the Lounge is located. Accessible via the Check-in counters as well as Gate Area 3 for pax holding valid boarding pass for a T1 flight.

Opening Hours: 10:10 - 00:50 daily. Hours may vary according to flight schedules.

Conditions: Limited to two guests per cardholder - Ticketed (Checked-in) passengers only - Access may be restricted due to space constraints - Children under 2 years are admitted free - All children must be accompanied by an adult - Non-smoking.

Additional Information: Interstate/international telephone calls and fax facilities are both subject to payment.

Lounge Facilities: Air Conditioning Alcohol Available Conference Facilities Available Disabled Access Fax Flight Information Monitor Internet/Dataport Newspapers/Magazines Available Refreshments Available Showers Available Telephone Television WiFi Available
Terminal 4: Wingtips Lounge
Open: 24 hours daily. Access may be restricted 17:00 - 01:00 daily due to space constraints.

Location:Airside - after proceeding through TSA/Security Checkpoint, turn right and proceed approximately 100 meters where the lounge is located on the left.
dstan
NYC Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

Priority Pass Lounges at JFK / New York John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2012, 4:58 pm

Programs: Alas, not enough to earn miles
We're flying out of Terminal 4 (Aer Lingus) at 9:45 pm on Wednesday night. So to beat the traffic/rush hour from Philly to JFK, we're arriving at about 4:00 pm. My husband just joined Priority Pass with his AmEx Platinum, and we'd like to take advantage of it and pass the time in one of the lounges. Which ones are in Terminal 4 and can we use them all? This airport lounge stuff is all new to us, so any help is appreciated.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
You can search for their lounges on their website, or download their app on your smartphone. Probably easier than asking here everytime you're looking for a lounge.

In terminal 4, you'll have access to the Oasis, pre-security on the 4th floor of the east wing.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 8:34 pm

Programs: Alas, not enough to earn miles
Originally Posted by Blumie
You can search for their lounges on their website, or download their app on your smartphone. Probably easier than asking here everytime you're looking for a lounge.

In terminal 4, you'll have access to the Oasis, pre-security on the 4th floor of the east wing.
I wasn't planning on asking every time. This is my first time to use Priority Pass and we never fly from JFK, so I thought I would ask.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Keep in mind that the associated AmEx card will be charged $27 for the guest if you both enter the lounge. And I believe that The Lounge is also in T4 and is also a PPass-eligible facility.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by sbm12
And I believe that The Lounge is also in T4 and is also a PPass-eligible facility.
According to the Priority Pass app and website, The Oasis is the only member lounge in T4.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Last fall The Lounge was accessible with a PP card. It would be best to double check to see if it is still available.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by sbm12
I believe that The Lounge is also in T4 and is also a PPass-eligible facility.
The Lounge closed sometime in June or July. I was in T4 last month heading towards the LY King David Lounge and the space The Lounge formerly occupied was vacant. I'd imagine this has something to do with the T4 expansion/modernization project.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 5:30 pm

I was just told that The Oasis moved from landside to airside late last week. Has anyone visited in the last few days? Please confirm or contradict my information. Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2013, 3:02 am
Suspended

How come the United Airlines Red Carpet Club close so early at 2030???
Old Mar 21, 2013, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
How come the United Airlines Red Carpet Club close so early at 2030???
Because their last flights to SFO/LAX are that early??
Originally Posted by Likemiles
I was just told that The Oasis moved from landside to airside late last week. Has anyone visited in the last few days? Please confirm or contradict my information. Thanks!
Yes, the new security checkpoint opened up last Thursday, making many things which used to be outside security now inside.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 3:48 pm

Oasis Now Airside, Not Landside

Thank you for solving the mystery, Sbm12. So at least part of what I was told was wrong. Now I know The Oasis itself didn't move an inch, and the set-up, facilities are all the same as before. Since it was the security people who made the move, I wonder if they would allow people who are not taking off from Terminal 4 to go through their checkpoint just to visit The Oasis, as they were able to before. But then when you're done and ready to go to the terminal you're actually flying out of, do you line up with all the passengers coming off the foreign flights to go through immigration precessing? Seems not to be worth the bother. Anyone tried?
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:14 am

You won't have to clear immigration leaving the secure area. There should be an exit near the checkpoint. If you cannot find it just ask the TSA folks and they can point you to it. But it definitely won't involve immigration.

You will need a BP to get through the checkpoint, obviously.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:26 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by Likemiles
Thank you for solving the mystery, Sbm12. So at least part of what I was told was wrong. Now I know The Oasis itself didn't move an inch, and the set-up, facilities are all the same as before. Since it was the security people who made the move, I wonder if they would allow people who are not taking off from Terminal 4 to go through their checkpoint just to visit The Oasis, as they were able to before. But then when you're done and ready to go to the terminal you're actually flying out of, do you line up with all the passengers coming off the foreign flights to go through immigration precessing? Seems not to be worth the bother. Anyone tried?
Thanks for the report - I have updated the Mod Note (now in a wikipost) and have also removed "The Lounge" from the T4 list.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: EI Silver, AF Ivory, SPG Gold, HH, IHG Priority Club, Choice Privileges
Just a quick note to confirm that the Oasis Lounge in T4 is airside now and still very nice, as US lounges go, its pretty good
Old Mar 23, 2013, 7:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
I am assuming you now have to be a ticketed T4 passenger to use the Oasis?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.