Search

Priority Pass Lounges at EWR / Newark Liberty International Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:02 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Priority Pass Lounges at EWR / Newark Liberty International Airport

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

Please use this thread to discuss Priority Pass lounges at EWR / Newark Liberty International Airport. For information on Priority Pass lounges at other NYC-area airports, see also:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...a-airport.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...solidated.html

N.B.: For more information on individual airline lounges at EWR, please search this forum and/or the corresponding airline forum.

There are currently four Priority Pass lounges at EWR. Note that Terminals A and C only are connected airside via a shuttle bus. Terminals A, B, and C are also connected landside via the AirTrain.

Terminal A: United Red Carpet Club (Airside)

Opening Hours: 05:00 - 20:00 daily.

Conditions: All immediate family members can enter a Red Carpet Club with a cardholder, but the number of persons who are not immediate family will be limited to two at any one visit - Cardholder must be 18 years of age or older - Complimentary house beer, wine and spirits available; premium selections are subject to payment - Non-smoking.
Note: Members holding a Priority Pass Select membership card will not be allowed access to this Lounge effective 01OCT2011.

Lounge Facilities: Air Conditioning Alcohol Available Conference Facilities Available Disabled Access Fax Flight Information Monitor Internet/Dataport Newspapers/Magazines Available Refreshments Available Telephone Television WiFi Available
Terminal A: Continental Presidents Club (Airside)

Opening Hours: 05:00 - 21:30 Monday - Friday. 07:00 - 21:30 Saturday & Sunday. Hours are subject to change.

Conditions: Limited to six guests per cardholder - Cardholder must be 21 years of age or older - Each cardholder must present a government issued photo ID along with their valid Priority Pass card upon entry to the Lounge - Non-smoking.
Note: Members holding a Priority Pass Select membership card will not be allowed access to this Lounge effective 01OCT2011.

Lounge Facilities: Air Conditioning Alcohol Available Conference Facilities Available Disabled Access Fax Flight Information Monitor Internet/Dataport Newspapers/Magazines Available Refreshments Available Showers Available Telephone Television WiFi Available
Terminal C, Concourse 1: Continental Presidents Club (Airside)

Opening Hours: 06:00 - 22:00 daily. Hours are subject to change.

Conditions: Limited to six guests per cardholder - Cardholder must be 21 years of age or older - Each cardholder must present a government issued photo ID along with their valid Priority Pass card upon entry to the Lounge - Non-smoking.

Lounge Facilities: Air Conditioning Alcohol Available Conference Facilities Available Disabled Access Fax Flight Information Monitor Internet/Dataport Newspapers/Magazines Available Refreshments Available Telephone Television WiFi Available
Terminal C, Concourses 2/3: Continental Presidents Club (Airside)
Location: Airside - between Concourses C2 and C3, near Gates 102 and 120.

Opening Hours: 05:00 - 22:20 Sunday - Friday. 05:00 - 23:30 Saturday. Hours are subject to change.

Lounge Facilities: Air Conditioning Alcohol Available Disabled Access Fax Flight Information Monitor Internet/Dataport Newspapers/Magazines Available Refreshments Available Showers Available Telephone Television WiFi Available
dstan
NYC Forum Moderator

Last edited by dstan; Jun 24, 2011 at 1:35 pm Reason: highlighted end dates
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Count again...that would be 4 lounges.

That's really surprising that there are no Priority Pass lounges in Terminal B, considering that's the main (only) international terminal. (C is purely Continental; B has all the international carriers)
Old Jun 24, 2011, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It is also probably worth noting that the clock is ticking on these four lounges. As of 1 October 2011 those lounges will no longer accept Priority Pass for entry.

It will be strange for PPass to have no access at EWR.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 9:25 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Count again...that would be 4 lounges.
Thanks! That was a cut & paste error.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
It is also probably worth noting that the clock is ticking on these four lounges. As of 1 October 2011 those lounges will no longer accept Priority Pass for entry.

It will be strange for PPass to have no access at EWR.
Wow, I had not heard that. Is that part of the "United Club" streamlining the RCC and PC?
Old Jun 24, 2011, 2:32 pm

Wow, I had not heard that. Is that part of the "United Club" streamlining the RCC and PC?
Yes.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes.
But why would they change that, when currently, both lounges participate.. It'd be one thing if one participated and the other didn't, but here both do
Old Jun 24, 2011, 4:13 pm

All UA and CO lounges are withdrawing from the Priority Pass program as I understand it. Why? I guess they don't figure the ~$20 they get per visitor from Priority Pass is enough to justify keeping the arrangement.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All UA and CO lounges are withdrawing from the Priority Pass program as I understand it. Why? I guess they don't figure the ~$20 they get per visitor from Priority Pass is enough to justify keeping the arrangement.
Do they not get anything from Priority Pass for being a member lounge in general? (Besides for the money they make from people holding the membership card)
Old Jun 24, 2011, 4:34 pm

Do they not get anything from Priority Pass for being a member lounge in general?
AFAIK the lounges get nothing from AmEx or PPass but a per-entry user fee.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AFAIK the lounges get nothing from AmEx or PPass but a per-entry user fee.
So why would any lounge participate? For the PC, it's a question of $50 vs. $27, or possibly nothing even!
Old Jun 24, 2011, 7:53 pm

The why is because CO/UA have a relationship with Chase, so they do not want people gaining access to the CO/UA lounges through credit cards other than the Chase credit cards.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wcj1
The why is because CO/UA have a relationship with Chase, so they do not want people gaining access to the CO/UA lounges through credit cards other than the Chase credit cards.
That would explain why they would NOT want to participate. My question is why they WOULD want to participate
Old Jun 27, 2011, 8:19 pm

I was answering the why from sbm12, because the suggestion was the Priority Pass payment was not enough, but that is not the reason.

I do not understand your question though. I think the payment per visit would be incentive enough.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wcj1
I was answering the why from sbm12, because the suggestion was the Priority Pass payment was not enough, but that is not the reason.

I do not understand your question though. I think the payment per visit would be incentive enough.
Considering they could get $50 from people without Priority Pass, why would they want the $27?

And if the answer is more people will enter at $27 than at $50, enough to offset the lower fee plusome, then lower the entrance fee to a better price point to yield maximum revenue. If CO believes $50 will yield the maximum revenue, then don't allow people to "slide" with "only" $27.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.