is it possible to get out of jfk and look around new york in one day

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

is it possible to get out of jfk and look around new york in one day

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2007, 8:07 pm

Programs: SkyMiles Silver, OnePass Gold, AAdvantage Gold, AS, NW, US, UA, LH
Please allow me to post the name of my favorite place for gelato. Caffe Dante on MacDougal between Bleecker and Houston in the heart of the Village. Not the easiest place in the world for a hurried visitor to find but for other FT-ers who may be in town on business or for a long weekend its definitely worth a try.

Any die-hard FT-er who ever wants to grab a gelato and talk about this addiction of ours (the miles, not the gelato) please feel free to hit me up, I live nearby and I'm always game for a gelato at Caffe Dante if I'm in town.

I am so brand new here so I'm not positive it works however I used my real email to register so I think that means that if you try to send me a private message it will either show up on the FT log-in screen (under private messages) or in my regular email.

As to coming into NYC on JFK layovers, totally, I agree with everything I've read. Its also helpful to say what you are most interested in when you have such little time, is it shopping, sightseeing, people watching, architecture, cafe culture, Wall Street, views of the skyline, etc.. JFK AirTrain rocks!
Old Jan 3, 2007, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA/UA/UR/MRP/IHG Plat
Lots of good recommendations...here are a few thoughts from someone who visits a couple of times a year but never gets enough: Subway or LIRR into NYC; Staten Island Ferry for great skyline and Statue of Liberty views; Top of the Rock (Rockefeller Center) for great view of Empire State Building and Central Park; World Trade Center (must-do); Times Square (just to see it); pizza by the slice (rather than time-consuming sit-down lunch); walk Brooklyn Bridge (one way...Manhattan end is not far from WTC); Central Park (lake near Plaza Hotel is great spot and doesn't take a lot of time); SoHo/West Village or 5th Ave depending on tastes in window shopping/people watching; Bryant Park is great for a snack/people watching (depending on weather). That should be a good day...happy travels.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
One more question

I will be toting a large computer bag. Are there lockers in JFK? If so, are they inside or outside of security?
Other suggestions to prevent me carrying this bag all over NY would be appreciated.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA *G MM, AA G MM
Originally Posted by pbiflyer
I will be toting a large computer bag. Are there lockers in JFK? If so, are they inside or outside of security?
Other suggestions to prevent me carrying this bag all over NY would be appreciated.
If you're a member of the "Red Carpet Club equivalent" (sorry for my ignorance...), you might be able to store it there.... AFAIK, no lockers at JFK.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by cl.lurker
If you're a member of the "Red Carpet Club equivalent" (sorry for my ignorance...), you might be able to store it there.... AFAIK, no lockers at JFK.
There are baggage checks at JFK:

http://www.panynj.gov/aviation/jsbsfram.htm
Old Jan 10, 2007, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Cool, thanks for the info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.