Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LGA On street parking

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2009, 10:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jesus4jets
Might even be less - IIRC queens doesn't have the $20 manhattan surcharge, making the plea bargain cheaper than a day of parking at the terminal lot.
So violating alternate side of the street parking rules in the outerboroughs garners a lower fine than the exact same violation in Manhattan? So what's the point of having a "borough president" if he permits this kind of discrimination!! (I'd like to see all of these borough presidents gone--yet another layer of gov't waste)
Old Aug 20, 2010, 5:51 am
Original Poster

anyone know the current dates & times for alternate street parking ? anyone have suggestions on the safe streets to park on ?
Old Aug 22, 2010, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MRTHNMAN
anyone know the current dates & times for alternate street parking ? anyone have suggestions on the safe streets to park on ?
Unless it changed very recently its 11:30am-1pm

I dont know of any street that isnt safe , meaning Ive parked all over the place and never had any problems
Old Jan 17, 2011, 11:58 am

I don't think I've ever flown out of LGA, only landed there a few times. Any suggestions for the closest street to park to where Continental flies out of? Also how is it looking for spots early Saturday morning? I know that in my neighborhood in Brooklyn it's not always easy as unlike a weekday not too many people are leaving for work early Sat mornings, freeing up spots.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by greendx
I don't think I've ever flown out of LGA, only landed there a few times. Any suggestions for the closest street to park to where Continental flies out of? Also how is it looking for spots early Saturday morning? I know that in my neighborhood in Brooklyn it's not always easy as unlike a weekday not too many people are leaving for work early Sat mornings, freeing up spots.
CO flies out of the Central Terminal. The 94th street (exit off the highway) and 23rd Avenue is the closest street to find parking. Keep an eye on the signs for alternate side of the street parking info. It's about a 10 minute walk to the terminal. Allow enough time to drive around to look for a spot.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by dhammer53
CO flies out of the Central Terminal. The 94th street (exit off the highway) and 23rd Avenue is the closest street to find parking. Keep an eye on the signs for alternate side of the street parking info. It's about a 10 minute walk to the terminal. Allow enough time to drive around to look for a spot.
Thanks. Not concerned about alternate side parking much as I am going to be doing same day turn on Saturdays and Sundays.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 4:43 am

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
http://a841-dotvweb01.nyc.gov/Parkin...alidation.aspx
will help find regulations by street & cross-streets.

Keep in mind it takes time to find a spot.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:41 am

411 for on-street parking at LGA

I wanted to post all the details for using this FREE parking option at LGA, as I got this idea from this forum and it's saved me *tons* of money.

If you're flying out of Terminal A (currently, Marine Air Terminal and Delta shuttle) or Terminal B (Central Terminal), navigate to 94th St and 23rd Ave in Queens. In that area, alternate side parking can be found on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Fridays, all from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm. For those of you not familiar with this NYC ritual, that means that you cannot park on that street between those hours on that day. For example, the north side of 24th Avenue (where I parked last week), is a Tuesday alternate side parking street. That means that your car can be ticketed (and even towed) if you're parking on that street between 11:30 am and 1:00 pm on a Tuesday. As long as you park AFTER Tuesday at 1:00 pm, you car can remain there until the following Tuesday, when it must be moved by 11:00 am. The south side of the street is a Monday alternate side day. so if you're leaving on Monday afternoon, you can park your car there until the following Monday at 11:00 am. Other streets in the neighborhood are either Wednesdays or Fridays - just drive around until you find the one you need.

This is a residential area about a 15-minute walk from Terminal A and B, with sidewalk access along the whole route to the terminal. Just walk north along 94th Street, over the bridge and into the airport. Other people on this forum have posted about cars being broken into, but I have never had a problem. This part of Queens is mainly single family homes, very residential and I would think relatively safe. As in any big city, don't leave anything visible inside your car and make sure your car is locked.

If you're flying out of Terminal C (US Air) or Terminal D (Delta), navigate to 23rd Avenue and 101st St. In this neighborhood, you can find alternate side parking streets that are Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, also 11:30 am to 1:00 pm. This neighborhood is also very residential and about a 15-minute walk on sidewalks to Terminal C or D via a bridge that goes over the Grand Central Parkway by the intersection of 101st Street, 23rd Avenue and Ditmars Blvd.

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited by Queenmab; Apr 2, 2012 at 5:52 am
Old Apr 2, 2012, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. We've discussed information like this in the past, but never in the detail you offer. Every time I street park at LGA, I can never remember which neighborhood to check first.

Queenmab, welcome to Flyertalk.
Looks as if the Moderator merged this with the existing thread.

dh
Old Apr 6, 2012, 2:32 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Queenmab, welcome to Flyertalk.
Looks as if the Moderator merged this with the existing thread.
Nope! Queenmab found and posted to the relevant thread without my help!

Welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Jun 23, 2012, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Any concerns for someone with out-of-state plates (MA) and a newish 2010 Toyota car doing the on-street parking near LGA? It would only be for a weekend, early Saturday morning to late Sunday night. I've parked on 3rd Ave. in Manhattan for several hours and left my car in Williamsburg over in Brooklyn for a day before with no issues, and my car was a year older and nicer looking than it is now when I did that! I have a high tolerance for on-street parking and for bad neighborhoods, and this doesn't look like a truly bad neighborhood by any means (I've spent four days in Flint, MI before if you want perspective on that). Thanks for any help!
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Any concerns for someone with out-of-state plates (MA) and a newish 2010 Toyota car doing the on-street parking near LGA?
Remember to remove any Boston RedSox markings from your car and you should be ok.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 1:40 am

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Any concerns for someone with out-of-state plates (MA) and a newish 2010 Toyota car doing the on-street parking near LGA? . . .Thanks for any help!
I live in one of the safest neighborhoods in the entire city and a few months ago, a window in my car was broken late at night while the car was parked in my driveway. The police said this was an isolated incident.

The point is that there are no guarantees; vandalism can happen anywhere.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Remember to remove any Boston RedSox markings from your car and you should be ok.
LOL
Old Jun 24, 2012, 7:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
I live in one of the safest neighborhoods in the entire city and a few months ago, a window in my car was broken late at night while the car was parked in my driveway. The police said this was an isolated incident.
That's rotten. So sorry that happened. Was anything stolen in particular or was it just a sea of broken glass? If you don't mind my asking, do you use any kind of steering wheel lock? Car alarm? It seems that car alarms go off so often that thieves may not be as wary of them as they may once have been. People may now just look the other way and become irate at the car owner for having a sensitive alarm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.