Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

Favorite restaurants in the ENTERTAINMENT BOOK?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2005, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Just wondered if anyone has a favorite restaurant in the Fine Dining section of the ENTERTAINMENT BOOK?

Thanks
Old May 24, 2005, 12:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I've never seen the Entertainment Book. Which restaurants are listed?
Old May 24, 2005, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

A zillion

At their site, you can review them all. I am only looking at the FINE DINING ones, which under dining are in the $$$ category.

http://www.entertainment.com/

They also have a new thing -- "Show your card & save 20%". I have made a list of the restauarants and events/tours to have on hand.

(edited to add) If you haven't tried the Ent Books, they are great. Now would be the perfect time to get one. They are all $9.99+Shipping. They expire Nov 1st. There are also the airline & car rental coupons, as well as miscellanous events/sesrvice. Use just one restaurant coupon and the book is paid for

Last edited by ALadyNCal; May 24, 2005 at 1:44 pm
Old May 24, 2005, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
An oxymoron.

I just reviewed * ** *** star restaurants after typing in zipcode 10010.
If Ray's Pizza or Roll 'n Roaster qualify as fine dining ...

Now if you want to do an in depth review of the restaurants listed; and compare them to the Zagat ratings, I think I can be persuaded to let you borrow my Zagat password (but only if you treat, at Ben and Jerry's).
Old May 24, 2005, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

While this is a good idea....it could take hours to cross reference restaurants and I leave tomorrow

Most of the $$$ restaurants are BUY A DINNER or LUNCH and get one FREE, with values between $14-28. The casual restaurants list is endless and not always of great value.
Old May 24, 2005, 1:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Have a great time and expect all kinds of weather this weekend. Hey it's Fleet Week so enjoy the sailors!!!
Old May 25, 2005, 6:49 am

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
I don't know what restaurants are listed, but I can tell you that last night I ate at Bluesmoke, a fairly new barbecue restaurant on 27th Street between Park and Lexington Avenues. Good barbecue, reasonable prices and good atmosphere. I would highly recommend it.

Last edited by tonypct; May 25, 2005 at 6:51 am Reason: Typo
Old May 25, 2005, 8:28 am
Original Poster

You can see the listed restaurants on the entertainment.com site. Thanks.
Old May 25, 2005, 4:42 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
You can see the listed restaurants on the entertainment.com site. Thanks.
there is a reason why a restaurant participates in entertainment and it is normally because they are not good (IMO).
Old May 25, 2005, 4:48 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AF, SPG and Tivo!
so i went on to that website and typed in my zip...not fine dining listed in my area. I am going to have to agree that the best ones are not listed
Old May 25, 2005, 4:57 pm

Programs: aa e-plat 3 mm; ca plat; spg plat; hilton dia
pretty poor choices

spent 25 minutes lookiing at all 215 entertainment book restaurant sin teh new york area, only one I have eaten in, or even heard of is Domenico's on 40th street, which is ok, actually b etter than ok

but to visit new york and limit your restaurant coices to this list would really be a shame...please try some of teh greatest food in teh world at some of teh best restaurants in the city...another words please use a different process to choice your retsaurant
Old May 25, 2005, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

FWIW, I wasn't basing our choices solely on the Ent Book. I don't know for sure we will dine at any of them.

We have plenty of places listed from other threads (starting with my research last spring).

There are quite a few good places listed in the Orange County (my area) Ent Book. I would not have a problem recommending somewhere out of it.

Just thought since I'd have the card with me, that if anyone had any places to recommend, it'd be nice to know.

Thanks for looking thru the list
Old May 25, 2005, 8:55 pm

I've eaten in Plantain (tapas). Although it wasnt phenomenal, it was very good. And as an added bonus - I think I double dipped, because in addition to the Entertainment discount, Im sure it was on idine also.
Old May 27, 2005, 9:51 am

Programs: AA,HP,MP,DL,SPG, MR
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
there is a reason why a restaurant participates in entertainment and it is normally because they are not good (IMO).
While this may be true to some extent it is not entirely so. A few years back Cinquanta @ 50 E. 50th was in the book. We went there and it was absolutely wonderful. Went back a few months later and they had changed the menu so I don't go there anymore, but it was excellent when it was offered.
Old May 28, 2005, 1:03 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Marysunshine
While this may be true to some extent it is not entirely so.
quite correct but I am more than comfortable stating that the majority will not be well worth the $.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.