Wiki Posts
Search

Best and New Parking Lot for EWR

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2005, 10:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Best and New Parking Lot for EWR

It was the 4 Points till now at least price wise. But they raised their rates recently to $9, and their shuttle service has gotten worse and worse.

Well I found out today that theres a new place . Its called A.B.C. Parking, its located a few feet before the 4P. Tel# 908-354-3444
Rates $7 a day with up to a 3 hr grace period, which alot of places dont offer. Meaning if your Claim tkt is stamped 7pm you have until 10pm to get there B4 you are charged for another day. I was once 1 hour over the time I clocked in and was charged for a full day.

Valet Parking, so its drop and run, you dont have to drive around trying to find a place and start sweating not knowing if you are gonna make the flight.

Best of all, they drop and pick-up at the Terms themselves and Not P4 like the hotels do, so no more having to drag all your bags up to the tram and tehn back down again to check-in.

I have no personal connection with this place in any manner-shape-or form.
Old May 4, 2005, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
With a "908" phone number, it sounds like this lot is in Elizabeth, which as far as I know has no parking tax, unlike the city of Newark. $7 a day is dirt cheap for EWR parking! I didn't think there was anything under $10 on-airport or off.

I'll have to let my dad (who lives about a 15-minute drive from the airport) know about this for his next flight.
Old May 5, 2005, 6:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

you are correct, no tax. Its $7 a night. Its a few feet before the 4 Points, which means its a couple of mins from EWR just on the border of Lizbeth and EWR. So its on the North-bound side of the 1-9
Old Jun 22, 2005, 2:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

An update since I finally got to try it out last week, having been using EWR lately.

1stly my folks were leaving a day before I was coming back which would have meant having to take car service for each of us. ABC said they had no problem with them dropping it off and me picking it up the next day so it was $7 instead of $80 total. My folks had to sign a paper and they checked my License to make sure that indeed I was the one who was to pick up the car.

Next since my folks are up there in age when they got there the people were too glad to not only remove all their bags from their car but loaded into the shuttle van and removed it all when they got to the term at EWR.

The only thing I would have liked was an 800# to call when getting back to EWR, they said they hope to have one as business picks up, they're open only since mid-April.

They were prompt in my 2 pick-ups (i arrived at EWR on Weds from overseas and had a flight to LA on Thurs).

I hope they make it as Service is #1 by them and they mean it. For me at least they got my business each and every time.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by craz
Next since my folks are up there in age when they got there the people were too glad to not only remove all their bags from their car but loaded into the shuttle van and removed it all when they got to the term at EWR.
I hope your folks are generous tippers!

Thanks for the updates, craz. I'll definitely tell frequent EWR drivers I know about this.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 4:07 pm

Here is a website with a map and more info:

http://longtermparking.com/COUPONS/cpabcewr.htm

Note that the $7/day rate may change after 8/15/05 (it's unclear from the site).
Old Jun 22, 2005, 10:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

One doesnt need the coupon to get the $7 rate simply drive up as I did. I did call before and asked and was told its $7 w/o the coupon. The sign out front says $7 also. Remember theres no tax on top of that $7.

And Yes my folks were so overwhelmed they did take very good care of the driver.

Heading North on 1-9 its on the right side as I posted above. But when you turn in the driveway you need to proceed to the fence area ahead of you and dont go in by pull up by the Trailer(office). When I went on Mon night to get the car the fence was closed and locked so they do take proper care, its well lit but I appreciated the fact that the gate was closed.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 8:40 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
Hmm, this coupon now says $8 per day . Did they raise the price?

Originally Posted by themicah
Here is a website with a map and more info:

http://longtermparking.com/COUPONS/cpabcewr.htm

Note that the $7/day rate may change after 8/15/05 (it's unclear from the site).
Old Aug 5, 2005, 9:12 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
How popular are they so far? Do you need reservations or can you just show up? I'm forever forgetting to get the parking reservations until the last minute.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by yevlesh2
Hmm, this coupon now says $8 per day . Did they raise the price?
As of a couple weeks ago there were $7/day coupons available expiring 8/15/05. Those are supposedly good for the entire stay of any car that arrives on or before 8/15 with a coupon in hand, but the price as of 8/15 is going to $8.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 10:48 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
Anyone have a screenshot of the $7 page they could PM me ?

Originally Posted by themicah
As of a couple weeks ago there were $7/day coupons available expiring 8/15/05. Those are supposedly good for the entire stay of any car that arrives on or before 8/15 with a coupon in hand, but the price as of 8/15 is going to $8.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 7:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

passed by last Sun (7/31) on my way to being dropped off @ EWR. The sign now has an $8 rate on it. I wouldnt expect it to go up from there as The $ Pts is $9.

Ill still use it as its still the Best Deal around not only price wise but service wise as well, see above Posts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.