Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EWR to Manhattan

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2004, 7:55 am
Original Poster

EWR to Manhattan

We'll be making our first trip to NYC on January. We fly with UA into Newark - what's the recormmended way of travelling into Manhattan? Train? We'll be staying at the Waldorf=Astoria.

Thanks!

Last edited by small em; Nov 23, 2004 at 7:58 am
Old Nov 23, 2004, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by small em
We'll be making our first trip to NYC on January. We fly with UA into Newark - what's the recormmended way of travelling into Manhattan? Train? We'll be staying at the Waldorf=Astoria.

Thanks!
This is your first trip to NYC. I imagine you'll have luggage so since you are a "we", I recommend taking car service. Why not get door-to-door service.

Now it could snow in January.... Traffic could get backed up so you do have the option of taking a train into NYC. Just take the EWR monorail to the EWR train station. Take any NJ Transit train heading north to Penn Station in NYC. From there, you can take a taxi to the Waldorf.
Old Nov 25, 2004, 7:30 am
Suspended

I would take a car service or a cab since you'll be two people and have luggage. Ground transport around NYC is relatively inexpensive compared to some cities. A car service from EWR to the W=A can be had for about $40+tip+toll($6-8). Some of the less expensive services are:

Tel Aviv

Carmel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.