Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

New Year's Eve in NYC - Times Square, hotels, parties (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Year's Eve in NYC - Times Square, hotels, parties (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2010, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
PM me the relevant details.
NYE'S W Times Square....bring Liquor...the actual info I'll send you if you come to my DO tomorrow :P
Old Aug 30, 2010, 3:55 am
Suspended

I think you should`t worry about the security, there are a lot of policemen on New Year's Eve
Old Nov 24, 2010, 6:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
New Year's Eve at Times Square - best options

If I want to see the New Year's Eve celebrations at Times Square - what are the best options in terms:

getting a 4 to 5 star hotel at a decent price in the Greater NYC area (incl. NJ), and getting to Times Square without having to wait too long, and still get a good view

vs

staying at a hotel overlooking Times Square, and getting a not too outrageously expensive rate?
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:20 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BAEC Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
If I want to see the New Year's Eve celebrations at Times Square - what are the best options in terms:

getting a 4 to 5 star hotel at a decent price in the Greater NYC area (incl. NJ), and getting to Times Square without having to wait too long, and still get a good view

vs

staying at a hotel overlooking Times Square, and getting a not too outrageously expensive rate?
I am also going to the party. However, I have paid $800 for 2 tickets to the TGI Fridays party which means that you can get access to Times Square when 1145-0015 and enjoy all you can drink/eat/party for 5/6 hours. If you want tickets google the number and call and ask to speak to Adam Olsen.

This way you can enjoy the Square without having to wait hours and hours outside in the freezing cold. Remember, you are allowed no food, no drink, no bags etc onto the square. Furthermore, if you need the toilet you lose your space.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:21 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BAEC Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by moore1984
I am also going to the party. However, I have paid $800 for 2 tickets to the TGI Fridays party which means that you can get access to Times Square when 1145-0015 and enjoy all you can drink/eat/party for 5/6 hours. If you want tickets google the number and call and ask to speak to Adam Olsen.

This way you can enjoy the Square without having to wait hours and hours outside in the freezing cold. Remember, you are allowed no food, no drink, no bags etc onto the square. Furthermore, if you need the toilet you lose your space.
I should also say, very few of the Times Square hotels actually have a view onto the Square. The Doubletree would be an excellent choice if you wanted to pay over $3000 for the night. Remember that the prices you see being offered by the hotels probably wont be rooms facing the square.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:59 am

We did this a couple years ago and it was a major bust. If you don't have some sort of in, such as the TGIF party, hotel room overlooking etc. it just isn't even a fun time. You line up on the street with literally cattle guards blocking you in. Lines are EXTENSIVE by 6:00. No public restrooms. No hopping out of line for a drink or restroom without going to the back of the crowd when you return. Major disappointment.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 11:11 am

My favorite Yogi Berra-ism: "Nobody goes there any more - it's too crowded"
Old Dec 1, 2010, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
What time to arrive Times Square?

Going to NYC to be on Times Square for New Year's Eve. I've read a lot about the experience, too late not back out now with air and hotel booked. What is not clear is what time does one really need to arrive to be in a pen on the Square? All I read is to get there early. How early is early?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 3:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by swdke
Going to NYC to be on Times Square for New Year's Eve. I've read a lot about the experience, too late not back out now with air and hotel booked. What is not clear is what time does one really need to arrive to be in a pen on the Square? All I read is to get there early. How early is early?
We talked about this last year so do a search in this forum to get some ideas of timing. Usually early afternoon. Keep in mind, no bathrooms and a long time to wait before midnight.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 3:38 pm

Y'all are welcome to poop in my office. You won't miss anything.

http://cid-f355bd7ea8062702.photos.l...ffice/Ball.jpg
Old Dec 1, 2010, 4:26 pm

We all accept, Jeremy!
Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:40 pm

Lol. Me and my big mouth.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by Analise
We talked about this last year so do a search in this forum to get some ideas of timing. Usually early afternoon. Keep in mind, no bathrooms and a long time to wait before midnight.
What about the Charmin bathroom promotion (the facility they set up every season)?
Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
What about the Charmin bathroom promotion (the facility they set up every season)?
Is Charmin sponsoring a facility that provides a means of relief for the millions standing out there for hours on end?
Old Dec 9, 2010, 10:00 am

Programs: Qantas, Velocity
I'm also going to the TGI Friday's party (look for the nerdish, shiverring, Australian ;-)) thanks to moore1984's suggestion :-)

There are only General Admission tickets left.

Sure beats being out on the street with limited food options, no bags allowed, etc.

Evan :->

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.