Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4 days in new york -- coney island?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2004, 8:03 am
Original Poster

4 days in new york -- coney island?

Is there any reason to go (or not to go) to coney island next weekend? I've never been there before, but my mom -- a brooklynite, recalls plenty of fond memories from there in the 60s. Is it worth the trip? What's the best way to get there?
Old Oct 8, 2004, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by heyta
Is there any reason to go (or not to go) to coney island next weekend? I've never been there before, but my mom -- a brooklynite, recalls plenty of fond memories from there in the 60s. Is it worth the trip? What's the best way to get there?
Best way to get there? The subway: the D, F, or Q go right into Coney Island.

Early autumn is a great time to be at Coney Island. Go to the original Nathan's for the most delicious hot dog. Walk around the boardwalk. Coney Island is run down but there is so much history there. Enjoy the seashore and the New York Aquarium. NYC is more than just Manhattan so why not take an afternoon and spend it in Coney Island. Besides, it will make your mother very happy.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 7:23 am

Programs: Level 5 Kayaker
For dinner, consider Totonnos (1524 Neptune Ave.) or whichever Russian restaurant in Brighton Beach (on Brighton Beach Ave.) catches your fancy.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 8:54 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
It's an incredibly easy subway ride from anywhere. You have to go, it will let you visualize the memories you have been hearing about all this time. If you hate it you just get back oin the next subway back.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 12:20 pm

I will chime in agreeing, take the subway to Coney Island and walk the boardwalk up to Brighton Beach for a great inexpensive Russian meal, then take the subway back to town from BB.

We did it in April, a little chill, a little rain, but memorable. Bought umbrellas in Brighton Beach for $3. Our meal was $16 for two, including tip, for tea, bread, salad, soup and entree.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:44 am

Here's one good reason: the Cyclone
Old Oct 19, 2004, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by StudentExplorer
Here's one good reason: the Cyclone
Amen.

It had been almost 40 years since I had ridden the Cyclone, and I had forgotten what a truly GREAT coaster it is.

In fact, we had to go twice in a row.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 12:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Did you end up going to Coney Island, heyta? If so, please tell us about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.