Advice for JFK-Manhattan-EWR and Yankee Stadium

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2004, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Advice for JFK-Manhattan-EWR and Yankee Stadium

Hi everyone,
I don't usually open threads asking for advice/suggestions but since I was at the DUS do and starting a RTW the last couple of weeks and am now snowed under at work (limiting my research time) I have realized I have put no time or effort into planning my trip/run to NYC next week and I need some help. So the following questions for the NYC board people:
1. Flying into JFK at 11pm was planning on staying at Millenium Hilton or other Hilton property, what's the best way in at that time of night?
2. Going to Yankees games on July 7 (day game) and July 8 (night game) best way there both days? I have vague recollections of the subway route to Yankee Stadium from a visit there 20 years ago.
3. Flying out of EWR on the 9th at 615am best way there from Millenium Hilton? (horrible schedule but no choice with other commitments later that day)
Anybody want to have dinner on the 7th or lunch on the 8th?
jerry
Old Jul 1, 2004, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Hi everyone,
I don't usually open threads asking for advice/suggestions but since I was at the DUS do and starting a RTW the last couple of weeks and am now snowed under at work (limiting my research time) I have realized I have put no time or effort into planning my trip/run to NYC next week and I need some help. So the following questions for the NYC board people:
1. Flying into JFK at 11pm was planning on staying at Millenium Hilton or other Hilton property, what's the best way in at that time of night?
2. Going to Yankees games on July 7 (day game) and July 8 (night game) best way there both days? I have vague recollections of the subway route to Yankee Stadium from a visit there 20 years ago.
3. Flying out of EWR on the 9th at 615am best way there from Millenium Hilton? (horrible schedule but no choice with other commitments later that day)
Anybody want to have dinner on the 7th or lunch on the 8th?
jerry
Hi Jerry,

1.If you're arrivng JFK at that hour, I'd cab it to the hotel. Trip should take 35-40 minutes.

2.As for Yankee Stadium, ask the hotel to point you in the direction of the 4 train. Take the train to the 161st Street station and follow the crowds.
It should be roughly 40 minutes.

3.Cab it back to EWR. Others here have posted phone numbers for car services (or search Car Service).

Lunch on the 8th is a possibility.

Dan
Old Jul 3, 2004, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Dan,
Lunch on the 8th would be great. I'll pm you this weekend with my cell phone number. Whatever is convenient for you.
jerry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.