Hotels near 55 Broad Street

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2004, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC

Hi,

I need some advice on where to stay near the NY Information Technology Center at 55 Broad Street. I will be there for a couple of days in mid-July and need a decent hotel (doesn't have to be a 4/5*), preferably within 15 minutes walking distance. I've never been to NYC before, so I don't know the area at all.

My only hotel program is HHonors, but earning points and miles is something I'm willing to give up for a good rate this time

I did a quick search the best rates(advance payment, no refund) I could find for hotels in the area were:

Millenium Hilton at 55 Church Street- $152++
Holiday Inn Wall Street District at 15 Gold Street - $152++
Club Quarters at William Street - $129++ (this rate is from my corporate TA, but I may not get it since its a personal trip)

Any alternate suggestions?
Old Jun 13, 2004, 8:29 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Can't say anything about these, but

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?zo...n_y=0&BFKey=ho

shows the hotels around there.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Savage25
Hi,

I need some advice on where to stay near the NY Information Technology Center at 55 Broad Street. I will be there for a couple of days in mid-July and need a decent hotel (doesn't have to be a 4/5*), preferably within 15 minutes walking distance. I've never been to NYC before, so I don't know the area at all.
I've been to many a meeting at the NY Information Technology Center. A few of my colleagues who have come to meetings at 55 Broad have stayed at the Best Western at the South Street Seaport which is within 15 minutes walking distance. And in July, the Seaport is a fun place to be after work. See if this looks good to you. http://www.seaportinn.com
Old Jun 15, 2004, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Thanks for the link, cordelli!

Looks like Club Quarters and Wall Street Inn are the most convenient...and my corporate TA says I can get the rate at Club Quarters even on a personal trip, so I might just stay there. Does anyone have any experience with this hotel?

Analise, I checked with the Best Western, but they don't have rooms for two out of the three days I'm planning to be there, so I guess thats out. Won't stop me from heading there after work, though
Old Jun 15, 2004, 10:56 am

The Millenium Hilton is very nice and not too far.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Well, I gave in to points and miles and booked myself in at the Millenium Hilton, hoping that checking in on a Saturday will get me an upgrade to a corner suite.

Valet parking there is awfully expensive at $45 though. Is there anywhere else I can park for less if I have a rental car for the Saturday and Sunday?
Old Jun 29, 2004, 11:38 am

Valet parking there is awfully expensive at $45 though. Is there anywhere else I can park for less if I have a rental car for the Saturday and Sunday?
Do you really need a rental car for the entire weekend? If you are going on a day trip, just rent for the day. Parking is pricy downtown unless you are lucky enough to find street parking.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 11:53 am
Original Poster

I don't need it. I'm not even going to attempt to drive...the right side of the road is the wrong side for me. Its for a friend who's going to be coming in from DC to join me for the weekend and insists on driving.
Old Jun 30, 2004, 5:31 am

I recently stayed at the Millenium [sic] Hilton and found it very good. Run a search in Hilton for "Millenium" and you should find quite a good thread (about 3 pages) full of various people's trip reports on the hotel.
Old Jul 1, 2004, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wingnut
I recently stayed at the Millenium [sic] Hilton and found it very good. Run a search in Hilton for "Millenium" and you should find quite a good thread (about 3 pages) full of various people's trip reports on the hotel.
That's what got my mind made up

I'm staying at the Hilton Times Square the week before...also because of what I read on the Hilton forum. The way I figure it, I'll take the Olympia Express bus from EWR to PABT, stay at Times Square, take a bus out to Cornell U from PABT, come back to stay at the Millenium, then take the PATH to EWR on my way out.
Old Jul 1, 2004, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Ive heard that the regent 55 wall street is quite nice.It is quite close to where you want to be...
-howie
Old Jul 2, 2004, 12:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by stockmanjr
Ive heard that the regent 55 wall street is quite nice.It is quite close to where you want to be...
-howie
Went to a wedding at The Regent, but soon thereafter I thought I heard it was closing down due to the state of the economy. The Regent or Millenium Hilton are two of the better hotels down there. The Holiday Inn Wall Street is supposedly reasonably good and may have laptops in the room and free internet access included. The Ritz Carlton Battery Park is much more of a walk and hailing cabs can be a headache there.
Old Jul 2, 2004, 12:34 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Well, I gave in to points and miles and booked myself in at the Millenium Hilton, hoping that checking in on a Saturday will get me an upgrade to a corner suite.

There is street parking near 75 Park Place (Park Place/Greenwich) on weekends although I don't know how much I would recommend that since it's desolate on the weekends and at nights. North and/or West (to a lesser degree) of the Millenium Hilton you can find free, limited street side parking on the weekends around the address I gave you. There is parking a little further west over at the insurance school/institute that is a bit further west and is the cheapest parking down there.

A big bulk of free street side parking in NY on the weekends is to be found in SoHo on streets south of Spring and North of Grand/Canal on some streets between Broadway and 6th Avenue. I have left rental cars and even my own cars there and just taken a cab to where I need to go. Despite being a desolate area at night on those streets, I have never had a problem with leaving cars there. [Finding parking there during the daytime is not easy.]
Old Jul 4, 2004, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
Savage25, your friend from WAS must not be very familiar with NYC if s/he is insisting on driving a car to the city. I would NEVER want a car for any visit to NYC, under any circumstances. It's way too big a hassle, not to mention the parking expense once there. And then there's the traffic on the road from WAS to NYC and back. Yipes! Just my $ .02...
Old Jul 4, 2004, 4:03 pm
doc

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Went to a wedding at The Regent, but soon thereafter I thought I heard it was closing down due to the state of the economy. The Regent or Millenium Hilton are two of the better hotels down there. The Holiday Inn Wall Street is supposedly reasonably good and may have laptops in the room and free internet access included. The Ritz Carlton Battery Park is much more of a walk and hailing cabs can be a headache there.
Sadly, yes, I can confirm that it has closed!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ghlight=regent

It was an absolutely fabulous property.

-Mark

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.