Community
Wiki Posts
Search

parking midtown - east side

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2004, 9:20 am
Original Poster

parking midtown - east side

I am coming to NYC this weekend and am staying at the Grand Hyatt, above Grand Central Station. In the past when I have stayed in this area for one day trips (get into NYC early sat morning and leave on Sunday) i have had no problem (ok I live on Beacon Hill in Boston and everything seems worse than where I live) getting parking on the street for free (East side close to the river often in the 40's and 50's).

Question: can I park there if I arrive in NYC around 6 or 7pm on Friday? (I just remember the rules there) Or is a lot my only choice? What about muni meter?
Old Jun 29, 2004, 9:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by chobby100
Question: can I park there if I arrive in NYC around 6 or 7pm on Friday? (I just remember the rules there) Or is a lot my only choice? What about muni meter?
It's much easier to park here than in Beacon Hill! Forget the munimeter. Summertime is the easiest time to park your car. Park east of 2nd Avenue in the 40s and 50s. Some streets the parking rules end at 6pm, some at 7pm, some at 8pm. Just read the signs. If you get there early, bring something to read with you and sit in the car until the designated time. You will find good parking on East 50 through East 54. I know this the best. I'm sure you can find something good in the East 40s too.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 9:37 am
Original Poster

much thanks and exactly what I was looking for.

Having not been to NYC on a non-weekend in while we debated the $10 Chinatown bus thing. But, having our car trumps the small amount of savings assuming we can can park for free.

Just trying to reassure myself that we won't get stuck paying big Bucks for parking even if just for friday night
Old Jun 29, 2004, 9:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by chobby100
much thanks and exactly what I was looking for.

Having not been to NYC on a non-weekend in while we debated the $10 Chinatown bus thing. But, having our car trumps the small amount of savings assuming we can can park for free.

Just trying to reassure myself that we won't get stuck paying big Bucks for parking even if just for friday night
It's just so easy to park. Please do read the signs as there is unfortunately a growing number of parking spaces being usurped for diplomats. Those tickets are expensive. Other than that, you're home free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.