Community
Wiki Posts
Search

To LGA from West Jersey

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2004, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

To LGA from West Jersey

I have a car and need to get to LGA from West Jersey (Where 78 and 287 meet). The way I got here was to take the BQE (278?) over the verrazano, to the NJ Turnpike, to 287. Is there a better way to get back during rush hour? Mapblast suggested going into manhattan then over the Williamsburg bridge but that just seems like a mess at that time of day?

Thanks??
Old Jun 24, 2004, 2:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by talltravel
I have a car and need to get to LGA from West Jersey (Where 78 and 287 meet). The way I got here was to take the BQE (278?) over the verrazano, to the NJ Turnpike, to 287. Is there a better way to get back during rush hour? Mapblast suggested going into manhattan then over the Williamsburg bridge but that just seems like a mess at that time of day?

Thanks??
Ignore "Mapblast". You need the Williamsburg Bridge like you need a hole in your head. LOL

First off, listen to news radio stations for the traffic reports which air at the following times: 880am on the 8's, 1010AM on the 1's, and 1150AM on the 5s.

You're travelling in rush hour; expect traffic no matter what you do. Easiest way to get to LGA is to take 78 East to the NJ Turnpike North (I-95 North) to the George Washington Bridge. The Turnpike splits into 2 spurs (the western spur toward the GWB directly) and the eastern spur to the Lincoln Tunnel and then to the GWB. The western spur tends to have less traffic but listen to the news about the traffic. Both spurs get to the bridge.

Follow the signs for the lower level of the bridge. There is less traffic than on the upper typically. Again, listen to the reports. Cross the Bridge. Follow signs for the Deegen Expressway (I-87 South) toward Queens. Take the Deegen to the Triborough Bridge and cross the bridge into Queens. Once in Queens you will be on the Grand Central Parkway. You will see signs for LaGuardia.
Old Jun 25, 2004, 7:34 am
Original Poster

thanks

Thanks a lot

THose really helped me out and i made it over there in just under an hour! You're a lifesaver, even if you are a Yankees fan

Seriously, Thank you very much...
Old Jun 29, 2004, 8:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by talltravel
Thanks a lot

THose really helped me out and i made it over there in just under an hour! You're a lifesaver, even if you are a Yankees fan

Seriously, Thank you very much...
You are very welcome. I'm glad you got there under an hour during rush hour. I can't believe they recommended the Williamsburg Bridge, the BQE, the Verrazano, etc. You're from Boston? Should be fun this week....

Last edited by Analise; Jun 29, 2004 at 8:23 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.