Wiki Posts
Search

Strange New York Travel Query

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2004, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Strange New York Travel Query

This is kind of a query for someone travelling to New York by public transit:

I'm going there for an early morning business meeting sometime next week and will be arriving by Amtrak overnight. I'll need to get a shower before the meeting -- but since I'm paying my own expenses, I'm trying to find a place to do it without having to pay for a hotel room.

The places I can think of that might have pay-per-use showers are: Grand Central, Penn Station, Newark Airport, JFK Airport.

Can anyone confirm or deny the existence of such facilities? For example, in London, Stansted Airport and Heathrow Airport both have shower facilities, so the question isn't as weird as it sounds.

AEM7
Old May 14, 2004, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
None of the stations here in nyc have showers.Only showers i could think of at jfk or ewr would be airline club showers?If your taking amtrak overnight you may want to look at a sleeper car if it's on the train.
-howie
Old Jun 21, 2004, 4:37 pm

I think you will need a truck stop, but I doubt there are any here
Old Jun 22, 2004, 6:22 am

Maybe sign up for a free trial membership at a gym? They should have showers, and there are plenty of 'em in midtown. Just be sure you cancel before they start charging you membership fees.

Actually, come to think of it, I have sitting here a day pass expiring June 30 that will get you into one of the following:

NY Upper East Side Sports Club/LA
NY Reebok Sports Club (lincoln square)
NY Rockefeller Center Sports Club/LA

All are very high-end clubs that I'm sure have very nice showers (although I've never personally been). Private message me if you're coming before June 30 and we'll try to work something out.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL-DM SPG-plat
I'm not sure about JFK, but I believe one of the EWR Continental clubs has shower facilities, but it's after security so not an option for you. A gym is your best bet; good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.