Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NYC Area

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2003, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

NYC Area

I was due to stay in NYC, but ended up staying just outside of the city at a place called Embassy Suites Meadowlands. We had a 2 room suite that was huge. We also went to the cocktail hour all 3 nights, and the best part was the breakfast. They had a full breakfast every morning. I only wish that I had brought my bathing suit to use the pool. Location was great, and we took the bus into the city every day. It only took 10-15 minutes.

I would highly reccomend that you look into this hotel if you are going to be in the New York City area.

Cheers
Old Jan 12, 2003, 3:52 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
A 10-15 minutes bus ride from the Meadowlands into the city? Really?

I always thought it was a lot longer trip than that to get into the city from that part of Jersey.
Old Jan 12, 2003, 9:50 am

The variables are huge depending on the bus route, schedule and traffic.
Old Jan 12, 2003, 4:57 pm

A 10-15 minutes bus ride is kind of unrealistic regardless of bus route and traffic.... either through GWB or tounnels...
Old Jan 16, 2003, 10:44 am

I used to work for a company that had an office in Harmon Meadows and took the NJ Transit #320 (North Bergen park & ride) on this route many times.

Outside of rush hours, this is easily a 15 minute trip max and the bus makes stops in front of a few hotels in Secaucus, including the Embassy Suites.

During rush hour it can take about 30-45 minutes or more (depending on what shape the Lincoln tunnel is in).

Nice thing is that NJTransit has started phasing out the circa 1980s rattle-trap Flxible buses and it's now common to see the new comfy coaches on this route.

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0320.pdf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.