Wiki Posts
Search

Closest hotel to Newark with free parking

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2024, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
Closest hotel to Newark with free parking

Hey all. A little background first - I have an early morning flight out of Newark coming up, and am driving from the Philadelphia area. My trip is for three weeks, and the hotel stay and park packages I’ve seen don’t allow for parking for that long, so I will be parking my car at an off airport site. Rather than starting my drive at an ungodly hour, I thought I’d get as close to possible to Newark the day before so that on the day of I can have a short drive to the parking spot and then catch their shuttle for EWR.

Presently, I booked a room at the Springhill Suites in Woodbridge, NJ. I wanted to check on here to see if there’s a hotel that might be closer and save me more drive time in the early AM. Since I’m already paying so much for parking, I’d prefer a hotel that has free parking, which rules out the immediate airport hotels. Don’t need anything super fancy since it’s just a place to crash the night before, but I also don’t want a dump!! If you can think of anything let me know please. And if you know of an airport hotel that would let me park for three weeks let me know as well, though I’ll probably park at the parking lot since the hotel shuttles do the dreaded Air Train drop off that would eat up all the time savings anyways. Thanks for your help.

Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2024, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Chiro1979
Hey all. A little background first - I have an early morning flight out of Newark coming up, and am driving from the Philadelphia area. My trip is for three weeks, and the hotel stay and park packages I’ve seen don’t allow for parking for that long, so I will be parking my car at an off airport site. Rather than starting my drive at an ungodly hour, I thought I’d get as close to possible to Newark the day before so that on the day of I can have a short drive to the parking spot and then catch their shuttle for EWR.

Presently, I booked a room at the Springhill Suites in Woodbridge, NJ. I wanted to check on here to see if there’s a hotel that might be closer and save me more drive time in the early AM. Since I’m already paying so much for parking, I’d prefer a hotel that has free parking, which rules out the immediate airport hotels. Don’t need anything super fancy since it’s just a place to crash the night before, but I also don’t want a dump!! If you can think of anything let me know please. And if you know of an airport hotel that would let me park for three weeks let me know as well, though I’ll probably park at the parking lot since the hotel shuttles do the dreaded Air Train drop off that would eat up all the time savings anyways. Thanks for your help.

Thanks!
I haven't tried it at Newark, but most of the airport hotels I have asked will allow for longer parking then the Park And Fly rate advertises. Just have to call for availability and rates.

Side question - Would it make more sense, and maybe even be same cost, to take Uber or limo or something instead of parking? Drop off directly at the terminal would be a big advantage, as well as napping in the car on the early ride in. Just a thought.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I haven't tried it at Newark, but most of the airport hotels I have asked will allow for longer parking then the Park And Fly rate advertises. Just have to call for availability and rates.

Side question - Would it make more sense, and maybe even be same cost, to take Uber or limo or something instead of parking? Drop off directly at the terminal would be a big advantage, as well as napping in the car on the early ride in. Just a thought.
Thanks for your response! I did look into Uber..price wise was about the same as parking, but I do save having to drive so it was my first choice. My only hesitation is that I’ve never really used Uber to go between cities like that, only local, and my fear is that no one will want to drive from Philly to Newark or worse, when I come back at night no one wants to accept the ride back to Philly. Not sure if that would actually happen or if I’m just making an issue in my head when there isn’t one.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Chiro1979

Presently, I booked a room at the Springhill Suites in Woodbridge, NJ. I wanted to check on here to see if there’s a hotel that might be closer and save me more drive time in the early AM. Since I’m already paying so much for parking, I’d prefer a hotel that has free parking, which rules out the immediate airport hotels.
The Holiday Inn Express Newark Airport/Elizabeth offers free parking to overnight guests.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
The Holiday Inn Express Newark Airport/Elizabeth offers free parking to overnight guests.
I had no idea. Thank you!! I switched to that one since it’s much closer and I can sleep an extra half hour before my flight compared to the other hotel!!!
guv1976 and goodeats21 like this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 8:00 am

In my experience hotels a little bit further out don't care. Looking somewhere close but in the suburbs with more than enough parking can be ok with it, especially if you book a hotel night on both ends.

The Courtyard in West Orange is probably a 20 minute Uber ride from EWR, right off the highway, and has tons of parking. Trying to park at a hotel like that might work for future reference.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Schnit
In my experience hotels a little bit further out don't care. Looking somewhere close but in the suburbs with more than enough parking can be ok with it, especially if you book a hotel night on both ends.

The Courtyard in West Orange is probably a 20 minute Uber ride from EWR, right off the highway, and has tons of parking. Trying to park at a hotel like that might work for future reference.
Do they really not care even if you leave your car there for three weeks? It's one thing to leave a car for a day or two, but three weeks is a long time.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by themicah
Do they really not care even if you leave your car there for three weeks? It's one thing to leave a car for a day or two, but three weeks is a long time.
You'd have to ask. Just mentioned it as one that I knew that was close with large parking lot. There is a Cambria right behind it too. I do know people who have parked there for a week, and didn't even stay, and had no issues. Don't think they even asked haha

​​​​​​

​​​​
Old Jan 29, 2024, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Schnit

Thanks! Good to know. I actually did think about doing something like this but was nervous about leaving my car there for three weeks. It probably would be fine but the whole time away I’d be thinking I wonder if someone drove off with my car! Haha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.