Wiki Posts
Search

JFK interesting spots

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:01 am
Original Poster

JFK interesting spots

Hey all,

Got a couple of hours to shake at JFK (inc. check-in and gate times), and have never been before. Anything that I can do/see to pass the time? I recall LHR T5 has a small albeit interesting gallery, anything similar? What about good places to plane-spot widebodies? I'll be at T5 for JFK which I understand is the JetBlue terminal, so ideally pre-security?

Cheers

~P

EDIT - I should add, for the plane-spotting part, I've not got access to a car and am very unfamiliar with the area, so within the airport bounds itself would be ideal!
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Depending on the runway configuration the large windows at the end of the center pier of T5 can offer good views of arrivals. Or ride the AirTrain loop a couple times, I suppose.

Free wifi in T5 can also help pass the time. But nothing like the art exhibits at SFO or such in JFK.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The DL SC in T4 has an outdoor deck as well as showers, food, alcohol served by bartenders with luxury bar items that you pay for, etc. You might be able to pay for access.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 12:20 pm

I've flown B6 enough to know that T5 is vapid with the TSA's most incompetent employees at JFK at the TSA Pre-Check line.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The DL SC in T4 has an outdoor deck as well as showers, food, alcohol served by bartenders with luxury bar items that you pay for, etc. You might be able to pay for access.
Sorry, what does SC stand for?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by PipesnHalfs
Sorry, what does SC stand for?
SC stands for Sky Club as in Delta Sky Club.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA AA MR HH B6
the corner of the food court in T1 can give you some visuals to planes on 13R or 31L. Its not as great as any spot you may find outdoors. Going around on the AirTrain may be more interesting. Walking between T5 and T4 is somewhat interesting too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.