Wiki Posts
Search

Restaurant - nice - in Boston?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2006, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by HRGM
It's nominally north-south, but in that part of town it's northeast to southwest.
Without looking at a map, I think of Washington Street in the South End as running parallel to Comm. Ave. and Beacon St. and thus running East-West. By the time it gets to the Downtown Crossing area, I think of it as perpendicular to Comm. Ave. and Beacon St., and thus running North-South.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 12:07 pm

pizza

[QUOTE=ldsant] she seems to like meat/potatoes/pasta/seafood/pizza. /QUOTE]

There's an upscale pizza place (I think it's part of a chain) on Newbury St near Copley Square that my granddaughter loved.

Sylvia
Old Sep 14, 2006, 11:40 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Thanks, but we took the trip this last July She had a blast thanks to all of the help from this forum.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 3:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
[QUOTE=SylviaCaras]
Originally Posted by ldsant
she seems to like meat/potatoes/pasta/seafood/pizza. /QUOTE]

There's an upscale pizza place (I think it's part of a chain) on Newbury St near Copley Square that my granddaughter loved.

Sylvia
Upper Crust?
Newbury Pizza?
Croma?
Old Sep 24, 2006, 10:56 am

Had desert a Finale last night and it was decent but not the best I've had. It's got a nice atmosphere though.

Also, if you're a male, there is an interesting story about how the restaurant got started and its early troubles in the men's room over the urinal. Worth reading.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 9:51 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
Also, if you're a male, there is an interesting story about how the restaurant got started and its early troubles in the men's room over the urinal. Worth reading.
Care to elaborate or post a link?
Old Sep 26, 2006, 1:16 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Was visiting Boston again last week, had a wonderful meal at Pattini's on Columbus Avenue. Waiter's name was Kenneth - superb service, nice selection of wines (a bit pricey), and great food. I had the lobster ravioli; my dining companion had the rigatoni. We went for lunch. Portions were very nice; atmosphere was nice (except they could turn off the TV but that's my "pet peeve" at restaurants these days ). All in all, I would highly recommend this place as a very good lunch spot. Very reasonable bill price wise btw.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by EdV
Care to elaborate or post a link?
Hmmm it'd be in the Boston Globe archive, which I don't pay for so I don't have access to. It was from 1999 or 2000 I believe.

Anyway, the upshot is that the restaurant started as a Harvard Business School project, and like with many business plans, everyone thought they were nuts for only offering desert. And at the beginning it looked like everyone was right. Business was very bad for awhile, they went through 3 pastry chefs and were close to closing. And then for some reason, which the article doesn't really talk about enough (I didn't think - but then again, I was urinating at the time so I was reading fairly fast), business just magically turned around and now the restaurant is a huge success.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 7:31 am

Anyone been to Pigalle recently? We haven't been there in years and are going to try it again this weekend before a show.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 8:39 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
Hmmm it'd be in the Boston Globe archive, which I don't pay for so I don't have access to. It was from 1999 or 2000 I believe.
Hey sampras, thanks for the info....I'll try and dig it up out of the archives. ^
Old Oct 1, 2006, 4:27 pm

Programs: none
Saturdays Afternoon
Langham Hotel, Boston , 250 Franklin Street

Chocolate Bar The chocolate bar season runs every September through June
Spend Saturday afternoon indulging your sinful side at the Langham Boston's unique Chocolate Bar. Voted "Best Indulgence" by Boston Magazine, our Chocolate Bar is guaranteed to delight chocolate lovers the world over. It is a try-all-you like buffet that includes a wondrous assortment of light and dark chocolate mousses, cakes, tortes, éclairs, crepes, ice cream, cookies, pies, and more.
A feature new to the Chocolate Bar this year is the addition of a special table of decadent desserts made with the diet conscious in mind. Each week six low-carb, no sugar desserts will be featured at our special table.
Adults: $26.00 , Sat: Seating from Noon-3:00 pm , Reservations Cafe Fleuri at 617.451.1900 ext. 7125

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.