Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Gate numbering in "new" Terminal E?

Old Jan 18, 2024, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM

I'm flying out on B6 (JetBlue) tmw with a BP showing gate C5. I thought this was strange as I don't see a gate 5 in terminal C but at the Massport site I did find a gate way down at the far end of terminal E labelled E3/C5. Does the same physical gate have two designations? I am hoping that I can clear security in C, where I have to check a bag, and walk (a bit far) over there, but then am I just in Terminal E?

I am guessing that since there are not a lot of morning international departures from E this is some attempt to balance gate loads? C does get pretty busy in the morning. Thanks for any insights or confirmation.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Terminals B, C and E are all connected now. You can clear security in any of them and access all of the gates. So even if C5 is the same as E3, there's no reason you won't be able to check your bag in Terminal C, clear security there, and access your gate.
MojaveFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
Does the same physical gate have two designations?
Yes. I believe Massport does this to lessen the confusion of having the gates change from C8 to E1 in the middle of a hallway. I'm not saying I like that, but I believe that's the thinking.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 9:09 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Correct. They have double numbered the low "C" gate numbers for a few years now. They are usually "C" for Jet Blue and "E" for International departures.

I'm still waiting for a "D" gate for a People's Express flight
Old Jan 19, 2024, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Smile

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
The one time I flew People's Express, around 1985, I flew to London and my suitcase flew to Oakland. I've been avoiding them ever since.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 10:52 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Nice . The one time I flew out of D it was on an FL (AirTran) flight to PHF in 2005. I do not miss that "terminal" at all.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 8:13 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
Nice . The one time I flew out of D it was on an FL (AirTran) flight to PHF in 2005. I do not miss that "terminal" at all.
A long time ago I ran the gift shops in Terminals C and D (I've probably mentioned this on Flyertalk before). It was a fun environment to work in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.